I need the locations of your favorite hunting grounds for research I am doing........

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Death Valley, now is a good time to go..:D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Death Valley, now is a good time to go..:D

Yea, TH is right. You don't even need a camp fire. Just put you frying pan on the nearest rock. lol Frank...

6 06-2 YELLOWSTONE 074-1.jpg

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yea, TH is right. You don't even need a camp fire. Just put you frying pan on the nearest rock. lol Frank...

View attachment 852946

Speaking from experience, don't go there with a bad hang over..... LOL.

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I wanted to MD Mars, but I had to settle for Washington D.C. I'm searching for signs of intelligent life that rumor says used to live there...

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What brought on moment of madness or joke was a friend's son calling me and asking if he could bring a topo map and leave it with me for me to mark the places he needs to hunt. NOT KIDDING. I have been beating the bushes for over 20 years and certainly realize the research necessary to be productive. I have been on some decent stuff (kinda sorta ghost town) for the last year or so after lots of research and many miles swinging the coil. Now the least I could do is tell him where to hunt and even dad acted kind of offended that I refused. Told him good reliable places to shoot a few coins but he wants "the really old stuff" per him.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
What brought on moment of madness or joke was a friend's son calling me and asking if he could bring a topo map and leave it with me for me to mark the places he needs to hunt. NOT KIDDING. I have been beating the bushes for over 20 years and certainly realize the research necessary to be productive. I have been on some decent stuff (kinda sorta ghost town) for the last year or so after lots of research and many miles swinging the coil. Now the least I could do is tell him where to hunt and even dad acted kind of offended that I refused. Told him good reliable places to shoot a few coins but he wants "the really old stuff" per him.
Mark the location of the museum on the map. lol Frank... 111-2 700.jpg

firemac

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Irving Texas and the beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro Garrett pro pointer Minelab Etrac & excal ll
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it never ceases to amaze me what some people expect others to do for them

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing is, most newcomers to the hobby have no idea how scarce the "old stuff" is. It looks pretty easy and plentiful when they see it dug on TV, so heck, why wouldn't you share your best spots.

Backbacon

Bronze Member
Sep 17, 2012
Da North Eh?
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tell him 1 to 18 inches below the surface.... You won't be pulling his leg at all with that answer.

OP
OP
TNGUNS

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went Saturday looking for the site of an old mussel camp on the TN River. Swamp, mosquitos, 10,452,001 spider webs, a few ticks (even though I sprayed),buck briars, way too thick to really hunt. No doubt I found it. Mussel shells everywhere and tons of iron. One flat button and a oddly enough a few mason jar lids. Early 1800's so shocked to find the lids. It is about a mile from the end of agricultural road where I parked. Will mark it for him on his map...... not.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread