Coming to a Theater in 2014!

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off the Grid: Story of Sacred Valley

This postmodern dystopian thriller takes place after the complete collapse of the American economy, in a time when people are desperate to find new ways to survive on their own without the help of the corrupt government falling down around them. For some, that means finding their way to Sacred Valley, a co-op, to start a new life, growing their own food and living off the land the way our ancestors have done. But Sacred Valley has secrets of it's own, with a hidden treasure dating back to a sunken World War II German U-boat. But the dead who protect that secret, are determined to lead the right descendant to it. As Sacred Valley's new occupants start dying one by one, Kayla determines that it's up to her to figure out why so that Sacred Valley can continue to be a safe haven for those who need it. She must put aside her fears and confront the hidden layers of deceit that plaque those who have found a home there.

The reason I mention it, is because GOLD RUSH GUYS will get a mention in the movie for supplying the Metal Detectors used. :hello2:

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, I hope they put detectorists in good light! In the last few years, most of the movies and TV shows which featured amateur radio got it dead wrong! Even the acclaimed movie "Contact" was a bit hokey, and it wasn't low budget!

OP
OP
charlotte49er

charlotte49er

Jun 2, 2011
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Headhunter Wader, Fisher F2, F4, F75, Tesoro Compadre, Silver Umax, Vaquero, Cortes, Nugget Snoop & Falcon MD20
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The movie isn't about metal detecting, it just plays a part finding the buried treasure. It centers around the sinking of the German U-boat U-352 that was sunk off the coast of North Carolina in 1942 by a Coast Guard ship. (Really happened. You can dive on the U-Boat today!) The premise is that some of the German sailors survived and buried gold that was on board before they were captured. Fast Forward 100 years, this group of people search and find the chest of gold (with metal detectors.) Then start dying off!

Metal detectors play a small part. However, I was happy just to help out. (I didn't ask for any recognition. However, it's always welcome.)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread