ATT: CTX3030 Owners

raymondj

Jun 11, 2013
Batemans Bay NSW AU
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II ...Minelab SDC2300... Minelab CTX3030 and for the missus a Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I had one for a year and a half...the machine was great..as a treasure machine/coins I doubt you would find any better. Its great to plot your finds on the computer and see where u been.... It wont find native gold, well not here anyway because of the mineralisation. The big fault with it is the o ring cause after some time it will stretch and leak, causing it to shut down, thats what happened to me and I lost confidence in it in water. Minelab covered mine under warranty thou. I ended up selling it because of the leakage issue and got a AT Gold and a AT Pro.

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
I love mine, I had an etrac for my dirt hunting and also an excal II for my beach hunting and sold them both a few months after I got the ctx.

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
I'd rather have the MXTPro.:dontknow:

Elad

Apr 23, 2008
MA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It is a superior machine for target discrimination when hunting in the trash and nails.

It lacks depth, but shallow targets have no chance in hiding from this beast. Loves small silver.

Just like all FBS Minelabs, it is terrible at detecting gold (targets with very low conductivity).

On top of it all the waterproofing and GPS are nifty features as well.

It has it's faults, but it's strengths outweigh it's weaknesses for sure.

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love mine, I had an etrac for my dirt hunting and also an excal II for my beach hunting and sold them both a few months after I got the ctx.
What does it do better than the E Trac and Excal?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread