BOOM BABY or POO BABY U decide
Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

View Poll Results: American Diggers

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • Poo baby

19 86.36%
  • Boom baby

3 13.64%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: BOOM BABY or POO BABY U decide

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    Charter Member
    gb
    Jul 2009
    49 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting

BOOM BABY or POO BABY U decide

American Diggers just watched it on brit channel what do u think and why.

Please note this thread in no way implies Tnets views or otherwise. It is merely an poll for entertainment values only.
    Mzjavert likes this.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    6952 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Many on here have some strong views on that, and I ain't got to watch much of it, but from what I've seen, it's just a TV program, so I wouldn't make too much of it, considering other programming is about tattoo artists, how midgets live, amish gone wild, honey boo-boo, buyin a bunch of crap out of abandoned storage buildings, etc., etc., it's just whatever you can put out there that makes money for you I guess. I generally like what I can relate to, so I will recommend to you Duck Dynasty, Tickle for about 15 minutes, and other than that the weather channel with your local weather. I grew up in a culture where the weather was very important to our day to day lives, and although we knew what the weather would be in our part of the country every day by just lookin out the window early in the mornin, everybody enjoys that 'Oh ain't it awful' feelin you get when you see it's floodin up in New York state or some other place.
    JunkShopFiddler likes this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

us
    Jan 2013
    Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, 4 inch coil, 8 inch coil, 10 inch coil, 11 inch DD coil, Bounty Hunter Pin Pointer
    449 times
    I dislike American Diggers. Although I have no proof I am highly suspect of some of the findings, particularly the Cannon that was supposedly found in the bottom of the lake/pond. And the Safe that was found behind a cinder block wall, as well has the Rare Remington .22 that was supposedly found in a cave. Also having much experience with antiques believe that the Prices they claim to get for their items are greatly inflated. Many of the Current "Reality" shows are partly if not completely staged. Sadly I think it detracts from how things actually are. Tell me when was the last time you saw The American Diggers or any one on Ric Savage dig up nothing but nails and pull tabs?
    Sandman23 likes this.

us
    Feb 2013
    SW Indiana
    Garrett GTP 1350
    1018 times
    Metal Detecting
    All completely fake..planted finds and scripted sales....but from an ex pro wrestler, why not?

ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    471 times
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkShopFiddler View Post
    All completely fake..planted finds and scripted sales....but from an ex pro wrestler, why not?
    JunkShopFiddler = Junkyard Dog

Not shown here in Canada. Don't know why, everything else is.

us
    Diggin up TEXAS!

Sep 2009
    Fort Worth,Texas
    CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
    3598 times
    Guy is a Fraud....Way Over acted.... Way Overpaid....That whole show is a Joke.....Glad they arent showing that shiii here anymore.

us
    Mr.

Aug 2013
    Roswell, NM
    Ace 250, GTI-2500
    130 times
    In the last few years, there have been about 6 perhaps 7 different detector series, primarily on the Discovery Channel. At least two were redacted or reedited to make it appear to be new material. It wasn't. And I have to agree with D'in! While I understand these programs are attempts at entertainment, no one except us diggers watch them! Assuming this is factual (I bet it is!), then don't you think the producers, et. al., would do a better job?

The truth is (let all of us tell the truth!), detecting is a tedious, tiring, wearying, and otherwise exasperating hobby. Offset of course, with an occasional find making the effort worthwhile! And once in a while, not often, just ever-so often, we find something buried in the ground to make all of our efforts pay off!

As for me personally... If I'm lucky, I find enough coin to buy a battery or two. If I'm not, at least I'm getting some well-needed exercise!
    Sandman23 likes this.

ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
    471 times
    OK, I just watched an episode online. After watching it, Diggers should win an Emmy because American Diggers is the biggest, phoniest crook of poop I've seen.
    It should be on TLC because it fits right in with the mentality of those horrible brain dead shows.
    When the old guy pulled a gun on that annoying Rick Savage I was hopping he'd pull the trigger and bury him in the hole. Then they find a pristine stand of grapes under/beside the hood they dug. . What are the odds? I'd say about 1 : 1,000,000,000,000,000.

I do want to check out Dig Fella's though.
    jeff of pa likes this.

us
    Jul 2012
    San Antonio, Texas
    Garrett 250
    3494 times
    Research/Limited field work
    Not true? Not real? Oh shucks, can't trust anything. Next thing you know you guys will tell me there's no Santa Claus...

us
    Jul 2012
    Ridge NY and Sarasota Fl
    V3i, Beach Hunter, Coinmaster
    7 times
    It was such a phoney show the magazine that he was writing a artical for droped him.

ca
    May 2009
    Southern Ontario
    471 times
    Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    Not true? Not real? Oh shucks, can't trust anything. Next thing you know you guys will tell me there's no Santa Claus...
    I'm sure Rick Savage will dig him up in the near future.
    Mzjavert likes this.

Nov 2012
    Stafford,Virginia
    Fisher 1266x and a shovel
    1283 times
    I just saw a YouTube video of Ric Savage at the Baltimore Bottle club saying it is now a family show only the Savages will be on next season. He also said, that Rue Shumate recently found out he had cancer?

us
    Rawhide

Nov 2010
    SouthWestern USA
    Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
    2051 times
    I dont know if I much care sharing my hobby with new hobbyist, land owners, and BLM after a show like this has aired, and gained notoriety. If you see it on tv, it has a producer. The producer controls every aspect of the show. The folks portrayed are actors, even if they are experts. Not only do I think the hobby has suffered, the detectors we use has suffered also. I have a vintage detector that was made in the 70's, it still works. I doubt my new detector will work 40 years from now. This is a dead horse, and we keep beating it.

Charter Member
    gb
    Jul 2009
    49 times
    191 views 7 voters well 6 minus me this stinks ppl should vote or not read this fine thread

us
    Aug 2013
    Texas
    Tesoro Silver Sabre II, Tesoro Tejon, Minelab Sovereign GT, Garrett AT Pro Nokta Fors CoRe, Garrett ATX, Minelab GPX 4500, Minelab ProFind 25, Garrett Carrot.
    98 times
    I dig it! I really do. It's entertaining. It may be complete fantasy when the guy "finds" a gold coin or Confederate buckle, but, HEY, if I'm not watching the news, I am TRYING to escape from reality. So thank you very much! I also live vicariously through John Wayne and old Clint Eastwood westerns. I like it when the good guy wins.
    "If I had my druthers, I'd pull a cork and jaw with you." ~Rooster Cogburn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links