Morals, and the treasure that came from it.

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As soon as I get the kleenex to clear up the watering in my eyes, it must be allergies or something, I would love to read "the rest of the story."

Thanks for a refreshing view on reality. The MEGO (my eyes glaze over) stories are too far and few between to hear about the good in the world.

Thanks!

RJGMC
HI BOB!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome application of selfless giving with shades of no good deed goes unpunished. May all your finds be golden!

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Story Man.
How did I miss this Last Year?
Hmmm TMI these days most of it useless , unlike your story.

Did you ever Finish it ? Or if your like me " the King of Procrastination " That's Cool too.

p.s. My mom was an Alcoholic as well , & I made a good one For Many Years.

Peace

Davers

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Story Man.
How did I miss this Last Year?
Hmmm TMI these days most of it useless , unlike your story.

Did you ever Finish it ? Or if your like me " the King of Procrastination " That's Cool too.

p.s. My mom was an Alcoholic as well , & I made a good one For Many Years.

Peace

Davers

Nope I never did finish the story. that day ( October 25th ) that I said I'd finish the story was the 5th anniversary of my pops passing and I was a drunk emotional mess, and yep I procrastinate something awful. I do plan to finish the story before Oct 25th as a tribute to my pops..miss you pops. :sadsmiley:

Mike

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's all Good.

Take it Easy.

Davers

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike.... That was a very good deed you did and it makes you feel good also doesn't it.

Mine can't match yours at all but I do know the feeling. Back in the late 1990's I asked a local church 2 weeks before Christmas if they knew anybody who really needed some help. I stressed someone WHO REALLY NEEDED IT. I was told of this single lady with 4 children. The kids were about 11, 10, 9 and 6. Three boys and the youngest a girl. The mom was about 28-30 y.o. He gave me an address and went over and introduced myself. I asked if they'd all like to go eat, shop and pick out some gifts tomorrow? They said "YES". I picked them up and took them to Applebee's and said get ANYTHING you'd like. They all ate like kings and queens. Then we headed to Wal-Mart. I told mom to pick out 2 outfits for each child including new shoes for each including lots of underwear and socks. And then the real fun began for the kids and me (the part I really wanted to do). I told each child to pick out ANY 2 toys or games they wanted. The 3 boys said "anything... and I said yes". This took forever!!!! They keep running up to me asking "Can I/we get this or that... and I'd say yes... 2 each!". Again... after what seemed like forever we had the carts FULL!!!! The eleven year old said while we were walking up to the checkout... "Mr. Brad some of the toys take batteries!!!!... I said "No problem buddy". We together checked what each toy needed and EMPTED the battery displays for the ones needed. The kids were SO EXCITED while even in the store and more so when we walked out. I took them home and dropped them off and helped carry in there items and left.

When I got home I felt so good about making those 4 kids and a mom happy. About a week later the Church contacted me and thanked me a lot for what I had done and included a really nice letter from the mom. That was the last time I ever heard from her or the kids. I still had 5 kids here at the time to cover.... But if I had the money again I do the same thing again.

RJ55

Bronze Member
Jul 2, 2014
western NC
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Garrett Pro Pointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dang, there must be dust in the air.

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That's a great memory you have there Brad, you'll carry that all your life, just like I can remember that thanksgiving like it was yesterday, God bless you, you have a big heart.

Mike

Likewise my friend.... :occasion14:

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, Limitool, you're both big hearted, thoughtful men. I'm sure you'll be repaid a thousand fold for the things you did. It's wonderful to know there are still some people in this world that care. Thanks! Red

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Mike, Limitool, you're both big hearted, thoughtful men. I'm sure you'll be repaid a thousand fold for the things you did. It's wonderful to know there are still some people in this world that care. Thanks! Red

You know yourself texasred777 you've done some thoughtful deeds or jesters as many of us have. If everybody here wrote about all the good deeds they've done (big or little) it would go on forever. I went to my first ever small arts & crafts show today in our small town in Centerville TN. I took up 10 toy boxes that I had made. I got there 8:00 am. and had them all set up by 8:15. Two elderly ladies came up and looked them all over. One was about 90+ and the other 80. We talked & talked. A shaded bench was behind my boxes upside the sidewalk. I helped the eldest up with her walker onto sidewalk and got both a cold drink. It was HOTTTTT. This oldest lady talked and talked and talked about her late husband's woodwork and how things have changed AND BOTH never moved for 6 hrs. She was VERY "PLUGGED IN" and aware. She and her friend talked to customers, passed out flyers about the boxes and had a blast. I had more fun with them today than I did the folks inquiring about my product.

When she (90+) got ready to go.... she thanked me for listening to her and letting her be a part of my day. Both said it was the most fun they've had all summer. When my wife showed up with her friend to walk the square I introduced them as my "new girlfriends" and my wife went with the flow. She (90+) says most "young folks" like you don't give her the time of day and I'm 59.

Those two ladies made my day at this little Arts & Crafts show.... Brad

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
Any time there is a posting on vets with PTSD (shell shock et al) I try to post something constructive and useful.

I want to say, this is not a hoax and it is not spam. And, it's not a New-Age Satan thing.

I have no commercial interest in EFT. I was in during 1964 to 1966, and had semi-hazardous duty in the States. I really felt like a loser doing so little while so many did so much in VN. So, anything I can do for a VN vet, or any other, I will do.

And, one thing I can do is try to spread the word on EFT for vets.

A man, Gary Craig, took information given to him by a shrink, and ran with it. It is a system based on the same principles as acupuncture, but no needles, and you can learn to do it on yourself.

In the 90's, Craig was allowed to go into a vet's psychiatric hospital and work with VN vets who had been in there for 20 years. They sent some home in less than a week.

I repeat, this is not a joke. One week with EFT after 20 years with the finest shrinks money can buy.

If you want to read about it, go to emofree.com

Dawson Church is another EFT guru.

I do not suggest buying anything. For personal problems the free material will deal with fear of spiders and car sickness. And, I most definitely do not recommend trying it on a PTSD vet. You can buy a major packet for a couple hundred dollars, teaching how to work with them, but it is better left to experienced and certified EFT practitioners.

No, I want you to know there are EFT certified practitioners who will give free treatments to PTSD vets.

Please, please, please if you know any PTSD vets, check this out and try to get them to an EFT practitioner! Please.

My own use is trivial. Once, after I learned the principles we took the bus into Mexico City during the holidays. I forgot my Dramamine and was about to puke all over the bus. I frantically tapped on my car sickness. It not only went away but I haven't had it again. This would not surprise EFT experts.

Second, a couple years ago a local dentist, Susana, a sweet woman in her 30's, discovered I had an infection in the roots of my teeth, and needed major surgery in the capitol city. I am dental phobic. With EFT, I went through the whole harrowing experience with no undue stress.

One day I got fried in the sun. EFT won't eliminate sun burn, but it eliminated losing all my skin.

Later, I noticed Susana looked unhappy. I asked about it. She works in the daytime in the government hospital, and most days has to do something, such as pull or fill teeth, at the rate of one every ten minutes until she has finished them.

I took her the manual in Spanish. The next time I went in, some months later, she looked happy and relaxed. When I asked, she admitted she could tell the difference almost immediately, and this was no training, just the manual to read.

I apologize if this offends anyone but I feel very strongly about those poor men (and women) who suffer from this in a system which has nothing but dangerous drugs to stupefy them.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Reminds me of a line in a book I read referring to what really mattered in life.
NOT WHAT WE GIVE, BUT WHAT WE SHARE, FOR THE GIFT WITHOUT THE GIVER IS BARE!
Frank...- five star.png
down down.jpg

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I say cool BC! Tears bro!
Today I gave a homeless gentleman...a few bucks. Will he buy booze? Is he a vet?.
I do not know. I hope he eats tonight. I hope he lives another day.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I had an uncle who would not give money to any beggar. If a beggar came to his door, he would invite him in and feed him. When stopped by a beggar on the street and asked for money, he would take him to a café and buy him a burger. I never knew him to give any of them money, even if he was in a hurry. If he didn't have the time to take the guy to a café, he would tell him to go to a place that he frequented and ask them for a burger and fries and give his name. He would go by later and pay for it. This was back in the late 40s and 50s. Times were hard and there were a lot of beggars. Probably half of them were wanting money for a drink. That's why my uncle never gave them money. Occasionally he would tell about one man that stopped him on the street and asked for money. My uncle asked him if he was hungry. The guy dropped his head and shook it slowly. Said he was in bad need of a drink. My uncle took him to a bar. He ordered two shots of whiskey; one for the man and one for himself. lol

OP
OP
BC1969

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Bumping this in order to wish everybody here on TreasureNET to have a safe and blessed Thanksgiving. Please remember the less fortunate folks out there, and thank a vet or three for their service.

Mike

PS I miss you pops, saving a drumstick just for you.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BC1969, thank you for reviving this thread, especially today.
I've not read the original til now. Very inspirational!
Peace

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread