Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
The whole country needs it to rain for about 2 months straight to replace the ground water that has been lost to this drought we are in.
But heat, bleh was 96 here in my part of Michigan yesterday, 94 today, good news is Fridays high is going to be 58 yay for the cold.
Stupid haarp project broke everything.

Mike

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yep we've been having intense heat the last week or two.I just got a new metal detector and its been really hard to figure out how to pinpoint since there are no clods so to speak. Hoping for rain for those who need it soon.

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in North Central Florida summer is usually hot, humid and buggy. This year is the worst of the 4 summers I've experienced here so far and the long time locals and native-born Floridians all agree with me.

Most of June, July and August it rained EVERY DANG DAY for at least a few minutes. Sometimes we got several inches in an hour! When it wasn't raining, it was hot! 90-100+ degrees. I won't whine about the heat, I knew what I was getting into when I moved to Florida. With the heat, humidity and rain it makes for some vicious mosquitoes. I'm talking the type that LOVE 30% Deet. I can stand the heat, humidity and rain (though not lightning-I run for the indoors when that starts up). The bugs biting me I can't take. I've tried all kinds of stuff, and some of it works for a little bit, but mostly I've been chased indoors by the bugs.

So yes, I'm ready for it to be cooler so I can metal detect. I've been clearing my land of underbrush so I can do a proper search, and because I want to be able to use and enjoy the property, not just harbor a fire danger.

OP
OP
Beeps in my sleep

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Seems like this is everywhere. I hope it all ends soon. Although I still detect in Winter, it is a lot harder to dig and sometimes to even pin point. Hopefully after this heat it won't be one week of fall weather then boom winter. I can't imagine how the guys in Arizona, Tex, ect do this.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Untitled.jpg

I love it, Although I'm holding my Breath hoping for a Drought

And no 40's 50's or 60's yet

I'm glad their forcasts are almost always 10 Degrees Lower then reality
lately

Hasn't started raining yet
still a dust bowl here :icon_thumright:

naturally hard digging but

the woodstocker's got it right by me

No Rain, No Rain, No Rain, No Rain,

I want to detect lake & creek bottoms without getting wet

Last edited:

Potts

Oct 13, 2010
U.P. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
One thing with the AT-Pro you can hit the water on those hot days and still have fun hunting.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep....it's been hot & muggy. Just one of those years. That's the nice thing about living near water.....you can always go detecting in the water. Lately I've been going and enduring a real pounding but at least it's a comfortable way to get outside even when it's really cooking out there.

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hot and muggy makes the badger even more cranky. I scoped out a sweet place, a creek that went through an area known for having union soldiers camping. My daughter and I go there luckily I wore my knee high boots because although the water looked so appealing what was underneath was a big mans enemy--silt of iron and clay. That crap swallowed me up to the knees and it took my daughter yanking me out like a stuck car. Everything else here is just dust so its making it hard to do much.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
raining here...:hello:

a storm just traveled from sw to ne just to the west of me,
could hear it but not a drop i'm aware of

many of the schools are cancelling football and other sport practice.
that is rare the schools care about the kids around here.
it's all about brownie points for the coach and school after a win.

I guess they made their quota
on kids dropping dead, due to sports around here :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
Beeps in my sleep

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its storming here but just lightning and thunder...no rain so far here in Shippensburg :( I am going to have to move to the amazon to metal detect I am afraid....Least that place gets lots of rain but you will see me in the paper...Metal detectorist dead after being eating alive by jungle monsters

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hit 96 up here in Cow Hampshire. Last week we had a couple of nights in the 30's...crazy weather, but not unexpected in New England. Who was it that said, "if you don't like the weather, wait a minute, it will change". Supposed to get rain either Thursday or Friday. Want those cool nights back ASAP.

Anita

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shouldn't say this but,you yanks always make fun of us here in Texas when it snows and we make the news because we can't drive in it.So now that it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo hot you guys are complaining!!
Man it's been 90-108 since May,and our ground has been so hard for a long time,since we've been in a drought for 4 plus years now,are lakes are drying up,are grass is dying,cities have been burning down,and people still want to move hear.
So get use to a little heat Y'all:occasion14:

OP
OP
Beeps in my sleep

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My grandparents live in San Antonio.. I used to stay there for a month in the summer and come back to PA. I would be wearing jeans while everyone else had shorts on and was like are you not hot! That TX heat is something. Produce guy my hats off to you because I certainly would have to get re adjusted

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I shouldn't say this but,you yanks always make fun of us here in Texas when it snows and we make the news because we can't drive in it.So now that it's sooooooooooooooooooooooo hot you guys are complaining!!
Man it's been 90-108 since May,and our ground has been so hard for a long time,since we've been in a drought for 4 plus years now,are lakes are drying up,are grass is dying,cities have been burning down,and people still want to move hear.
So get use to a little heat Y'all:occasion14:

I wish all the grass would Die Here.

Don't dig in the Grass & keep off the Grass, would have no meaning ,
and no mowing to do. win/win :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm just hoping for a couple days of good soaking rain.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread