Sing me a song, youre the Piano man

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Sing me a song, you're the Piano man

Okay, I'm really getting bored and for some reason I remembered coin finds in two old pianos. As a kid, I remember our church having several old upright pianos, the heavy ones that nobody ever moves. A few years ago, a man from the church was telling me that he found a 1914 wheat penny inside one of the old timers they were cleaning. To this day, he hasn't gotten back to me on a possible mint mark. For some years, I had an old upright of my own; I found pencil notations inside describing repairs made around 1915. I finally had to get rid of it, and did so in pieces. While disassembling it, I found a 1948 Canadian quarter under the keyboard. When you think about it, an old piano has a lot of openings for a youngster do dump just about anything, and most of the old instruments will open. If you have the opportunity...sort of like checking the ductwork in your old house we discussed a week or two ago. I can imagine an epidemic of angry wives across the country, watching their lunatic husbands cracking open Grandma's old Steinway ;D.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread