Stupid moves??

orange55

Greenie
Sep 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone here ever found something awesome and then either lost it or somehow destroyed it?

I know I have. I was at a lake about 5 years ago that Native Americans used to live on and me and a few buddies were trying to dig a hole underwater in the sand:occasion14: and I felt something sharp. I picked it up and it was this arrowhead. Probably 2 feet down in the sand. It was in great condition and while we were taking a boat ride I put it on the seat and somebody lifted the seat up to get a wakeboard and my arrowhead now lies 300 ft. down on the bottom of a lake.

Also a few months back I was coin roll hunting and I found a 1901 Indian head. I got in the car and placed it in my pocket. When I got home reached in my pocket and guess what wasn't there.

IMG_7976.JPG

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I broke tips off of several nice points by putting them in my pocket, really made me mad as they survived for thousands of years in prefect condition and I damage them in couple hours.

I went out and bought a fishing vest with lots of pockets to use and never broke another.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
O

orange55

Greenie
Sep 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you still have yours. And amen to the 2nd amendment thing!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
At least you still have yours. And amen to the 2nd amendment thing!

Oh , I have lost a couple too...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Lady Pirate

Jul 8, 2011
Tallahassee, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett AT PRO & Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hid $500.00 in cash in a teddy bear and forgot about it and while doing a spring cleaning I threw the bear away. :BangHead: Then I realized it a few days later. Lesson learned- DUH Lois.......make mental notes to oneself to hide money in something that can't be thrown away. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
O

orange55

Greenie
Sep 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dang!!!... a VBD that probably is the saddest loss ever

TheNewCatfish

Mar 4, 2011
Watched a guy digginging at Point Bar, Colorado. He pulls a baseball sized geode outta the dirt and shouts "I found a piece of dinasaur poop". Before i could walk over, he takes a five pound hammer and smashes it to smithereens. "Wow. Look at the crystals inside this thing" ! He was a gold panner and i explained to him he just smashed a $300 dollar geode he could'a sold on the internet. Word to the wise. If you don't know what it is, DON'T SMAK IT WITH A HAMMER !

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found what looked to be a thin gold band in the parking lot last fall. But when I looked at it while in the car, I couldn't find any markings on it. Then it popped off my finger and landed somewhere in the car. I searched but couldn't find it. Three months later while cleaning the car, I found it again deep in the car mat. Looked at it again, still couldn't see markings. But I thought I'd bring it in and check it in the house with a magnifier. Stuck on my thumb this time til I got home, but when I finally reached home the ring was gone. Again. Another couple of months pass, and one day while cleaning out my purse I found the band, for the third time. This time it actually made it to the magnifying glass, where I could see the 10k mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread