Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Druid gold in the San Juan's

Wanted to start a new thread about Druid gold in SW Colorado, And NW New Mexico. This is a continuation of subject that got started on 17 tons of gold thread. I am interested in comments and info. I realize sorting through info is like chaffing wheat some times, but lets try to be respectful and abide by TN rules. Thank you. Marmentman

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Tag post, please ignore (yes I am that lazy, but it is easy to follow this thread that way! :tongue3:) I look forward to reading more! :icon_thumleft:
Oroblanco

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just curious. Gold is an element, so what would differentiate Druid gold from say Roman gold or just plain Hibernian gold?

OP
OP
Marmentman

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
No difference in gold other then the origin of where it is found. Gold has different elements with which it is found. Gold origin can be identified by the amount and type of other elements it is found with. That being said Druid gold is not a type but who it was found by. History doesn't seem to support the weak theories that the Spanish and even native Americans where the first here in this country. Now they may have been the first to settle this country, but based on the things I have personally seen in this area, I believe earlier people came here for resources. If you don't believe me I encourage you to find the gaps in these theories. All science now days is theory, it is just taught as fact. Everyone needs to question their teachers if they do not understand and not take everything someone says as fact. Man has been wrong about history before, and will be again. Never stop asking questions!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
History doesn't seem to support the weak theories that the Spanish and even native Americans where the first here in this country.

Thank you. The scales have fallen from my eyes and I resist and deny the dogma of unproven, unsubstantiated claims of false history based on shoddy theory.

So now I am ready to accept your solid proof. Please provide it.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Marmentman

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no interest in fighting and arguing over the whether or not what you have learned in school true. People have their own self serving interest in mind, and that is fine with Me.However I am interested in fact, what I have personally seen in my area. If you can explain the origin of the markings and history of why they were put there than I will show you facts. As far as idiotic statements, well that's for you to decide. All I can say is do your own research and come to your own conclusions not someone else's.

huntsman53

Gold Member
Jun 11, 2013
East Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
History doesn't seem to support the weak theories that the Spanish and even native Americans where the first here in this country. Now they may have been the first to settle this country, but based on the things I have personally seen in this area, I believe earlier people came here for resources. If you don't believe me I encourage you to find the gaps in these theories.

Do you care to explain your statement and especially the part in bold? Native American Indians in one form or another and their descendants have been on the North American Continent for more than 10,000 years. The Druids can only be traced back as far as 200 BCE in Europe while I personally found a fishing point arrowhead that dated before 1,000 BCE just outside of Lexington, NC. While the Druids and Vikings may have explored and possibly even settled in North America long before Columbus found the Americas, they definitely were not the first to come here!

Frank

OP
OP
Marmentman

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Now I understand where these comments are coming from, sorry my statements seem so strong and more as fact. My statements are my own theories, as well as others. Most of my statements come from my belief system, and according to TN rules I will not go into those beliefs unless it deals with treasure. Some of it does and some only loosely ties to this story. If you want facts on what I believe I would be willing to discuss those with you. Not here and not to prove you wrong, but to show you evidences for what I believe. Frank I don't want to stir an ant pile but I don't believe in the same time line of world history we were taught, and are currently taught in school. Now for those who wish to discuss these issues, I will outside treasurenet unless they will allow us to start a new thread,to discuss belief systems. Please let's be respectful and only stick to the topic. I apologize for hurting feelings with my statements. I will work on phraseing.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Mm

We are all curious about gold. But in saying "druid gold" you are implying either:

Druids brought gold to SW America or
Druids came to America and found gold

Please state which theory so that we who understand the basics of gold discoveries in America
can help you in this discussion.

OP
OP
Marmentman

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Druids came and found gold, that's the theory. Again this is of course speculative, and based on what I have found and others have written. Sorting through all this has been very hard and very quiet till now. I think you will start to see more evidence as all this unfolds become public. Others are writing books on the subject now. These thoughts are challenging current beliefs and theories. I am willing to give more info if treasurenet will allow threads about all this. I am new to TN and try to stick to the guidelines they have posted.

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Mm

I understand your hesitancy as this subject could veer into a realm of religion which is not tolerated
on TNet. There are many Reformed Druid 'societies" in the US. Whether they are tax-exempt orgs
I don't know. You are advised to PM one of the mods in this regard.

OP
OP
Marmentman

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
The reason I am so vague with my comments and don't wish at this point express my experience is because I am curious what others know about ancient Druids and their interest in our San Juan mountains. I have found gold, not anything in quantities that anyone would want to seek as a weekend prospector, but enough to keep me interested. I don't seek anyone's approval on my thread , just their understanding to try to piece together the puzzle of what I have seen out here. If no one knows anything about ancient Druids and their motivation for possibly being here, then I do not see a reason for this thread. I will share info with those who are interested in finding out the true answers to this area and why it was so important to the Druids of ancient times.

hvacker

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2012
New Mexico USA
Detector(s) used
My Head
Primary Interest:
Other
Marmentman your post is rather timely. I saw part of an investigation on the History Chanel of people of Scandinavian or close mining copper in the upper Michigan peninsula a very long time ago. I wish I could tell you more like the name of the show. Maybe someone else knows about it. But like some comments here the first response was Ya right until the evidence was brought forth.
We now know the First Americans had extensive trade routes throughout the Americas.
Our education system is stuck in Columbusville. and needs a reality check. So many here are explorers and are ready for any experience. I don't know why they think our type hasn't always been willing to go forth where no man has gone before. Did I get that right?
Look at where the Polynesians went with just a small boat and only an ability to read the currants.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
Hola amigos,
While I am not ready to cast an opinion on the Druid gold story, one thing to consider is whether the people of the Druids were even capable of crossing to America. As we do not have their own written history on the subject, we must resort to those of their enemies, like the Romans for a description of their ships and their abilities on the seas. Here is an extract from Julius Caesar, from his war with the Veneti tribe of Gaul, one of the tribes related to and trafficking with the British isles, quote
The influence of this state is by far the most considerable of any of the countries on the whole sea coast, because the Veneti both have a very great number of ships, with which they have been accustomed to sail to Britain, and [thus] excel the rest in their knowledge and experience of nautical affairs; and as only a few ports lie scattered along that stormy and open sea, of which they are in possession, they hold as tributaries almost all those who are accustomed to traffic in that sea.
<snip>
For their ships were built and equipped after this manner. The keels were somewhat flatter than those of our ships, whereby they could more easily encounter the shallows and the ebbing of the tide: the prows were raised very high, and, in like manner the sterns were adapted to the force of the waves and storms [which they were formed to sustain]. The ships were built wholly of oak, and designed to endure any force and violence whatever; the benches which were made of planks a foot in breadth, were fastened by iron spikes of the thickness of a man's thumb; the anchors were secured fast by iron chains instead of cables, and for sails they used skins and thin dressed leather. These [were used] either through their want of canvas and their ignorance of its application, or for this reason, which is more probable, that they thought that such storms of the ocean, and such violent gales of wind could not be resisted by sails, nor ships of such great burden be conveniently enough managed by them. The encounter of our fleet with these ships' was of such a nature that our fleet excelled in speed alone, and the plying of the oars; other things, considering the nature of the place [and] the violence of the storms, were more suitable and better adapted on their side; for neither could our ships injure theirs with their beaks (so great was their strength), nor on account of their height was a weapon easily cast up to them; and for the same reason they were less readily locked in by rocks. To this was added, that whenever a storm began to rage and they ran before the wind, they both could weather the storm more easily and heave to securely in the shallows, and when left by the tide feared nothing from rocks and shelves: the risk of all which things was much to be dreaded by our ships.

From The Gallic Wars, By Julius Caesar, Translated by W. A. McDevitte and W. S. Bohn; Book 3. chapters 8 and 11 about 100 BC

From this description, while limited in details, it is clear that these people had ships which were fully capable of sailing on the open seas. Whether they did or not is still an open question, though there is evidence along that line too.

Please do continue amigos, I am most interested in seeing the signs which convinced you that they were in fact Druid symbols or "calling cards" if you will, thank you in advance.
Good luck and good hunting, I hope you find the treasures that you seek.
Oroblanco

OP
OP
Marmentman

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Hacker. It is true, like I said I believe people will see more and more truth come out of personal research, and not trusting in everything we have been taught. It wasn't long ago people believed dinosaurs were slow moving cold blooded animals. Why is man so quick to take everything another man says as truth. More theories need solid proof and not the word of collage professors. A lot of info can be learned at school, but it is our responsibility to go out and test that knowledge. I love knowledge but without wisdom to use the knowledge its useless. I haven't had to many chances to get out and photograph the different thing around here, but when I do I hope to get some good input. If not oh well I am no farther from an answer then I am now.

OP
OP
Marmentman

Marmentman

Sep 10, 2013
La Plata, nm
Detector(s) used
Gold stinger
Primary Interest:
Other
Had another question about markers, if anyone knows. I found a diamond shaped turquoise colored rock while camping around parrot mt in the la plata moutians, didn't think much of it till I read a little on these markers. Anyone have info?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Had another question about markers, if anyone knows. I found a diamond shaped turquoise colored rock while camping around parrot mt in the la plata moutians, didn't think much of it till I read a little on these markers. Anyone have info?

Me thinks you are looking for too many assassins under too many rocks. If you look at the stars or clouds shapes long enough, you can see the definate outline of Elvis Presley, a sheep, etc.... Probably just a random chance diamond shaped turquoise colored rock.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No, no. Leif Erikson (or St. Brendon, or Joseph of Aramathea, or Jaques de Molay, etc.) brought a ship full of gold and precious stones to this contenent so he could bury and abandon them because he didn't want to be burdened with having to enjoy them during his lifetime. He left a whole bunch of treasure markers so others would learn all about in time and keep busy interpreting them - because after all the location was secret and we all know the best way to keep a secret is to leave a lot of markers all over the place nearby.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread