Rain/Dust cover

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre/GPP/Lesche/Bomb Sheath
I just got a Tesoro Silver Sabre II. My question is this. I need a rain/dust cover for it but it's looking like there's none available for this model,so the question is do any of you know what other covers maybe from other models or machines that may work on this one?

OP
OP
R

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
That's alright but I'll pass on that idea.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Use a gallon size freezer bag.
Pretty much what I use also except mine is a large sandwich bag. Does the job and the price is right. I usually change it every time I put in new batteries. That could be 20+ hours. I am not paying the outrageous prices they are asking for brand name covers.

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty much what I use also except mine is a large sandwich bag. Does the job and the price is right. I usually change it every time I put in new batteries. That could be 20+ hours. I am not paying the outrageous prices they are asking for brand name covers.
I do the same I guess some people just are to snobbish to use a cheap item. Oh well must be nice to have money to blow lol. I was even thinking a couple layers of plastic wrap would work. From what I seem those detector covers are just overpriced rain fly and every rain fly I ever used fails to keep water out as soon as you touch it.

Last edited:

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way I wasn't trying to be mean just cracking a joke that ended up sounding mean. My sense of humor is weird. I don't blame you if you don't want to stick a ziplock bag on your high dollar machine to each their own as the saying goes. The mother of invention is nessasity that's all I meant. Sorry.

TheRingFinder

Bronze Member
May 22, 2013
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab - E-Trac / Excalibur
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you get to know your machine - Tone will be all you need to go by. Then cover it with anything you want.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Years ago it was the only way...they did not make rain/dust covers in 1969...yes i`m stuck in the 60s lol.
Gary

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can buy one on Amazon. com for about $15 plus shipping. I just go the Baggie route on my two land detectors.

OP
OP
R

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Nickleanddime.No offense taken. SusanMN.Those are most likely for the UMax series,my Silver Sabre II is more on the lines of a Lobo ST.Thanks though.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have an x terra 705 and purchased the minelab rain cover. I took it off a while ago but going to figure out how to get it back on now that i have wireless headphones. I didnt get it to detect in heavy rain or more than a mist, rather to keep the control head clean from dirt.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I bought a rain cover for my Tek Omega very tight and can`t fit the dongle for my wireless head phones under it,,,it also covers up the speaker...it`s a POS so i still use a baggie.
Gary

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
richbat; SusanMN.Those are most likely for the UMax series said:
the Umax series and the Lobo use the same dust cover.

OP
OP
R

richbat

Apr 19, 2010
Detector(s) used
Found a dealer over in the UK who sells them,they are called Pro-Tectors,placed my order with him,exactly what i was looking for.Thanks for all the replies.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi. I have a Cortez. I bought the "large" rain/dust cover for it from KCo. It fits, yet bottom of electronic casing is still exposed? I, as others, now zip-lock and duct tape my machine! Much safer in inclement weather.
Many folks have fashioned their own covers that work.
Good luck!
Peace

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
My Fisher came with a rain cover but again the freezer bags do really well. I've used them for years. The heavy duty ones last really well. Good luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions