Got my Garrett Pinpointer in Today!

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
White's cm pro and Discovery 1100 with garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Received my garrett pinpointer and garrett digger in today. Dug trash all day in my yard but it was not a waste of time. I'm new to m'ding. I learned valuable things today. Learned how to tell big objects from small ones by the pinpointing tones on my coinmaster pro. Got better at digging nicer plugs that was easier to put back. found out I need gloves because of the garrett digger blister I now have on my right index knuckle. :laughing7:
The pinpointer pro is worth every penny. Can't imagine doing this without it. I'm loving this hobby.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Smart person. The Propointer makes retrieving targets so much easier. Remember to always check the target site with your pinpointer before you dig and save yourself effort with shallow targets. If the pinpointer sounds on the ground, you can use the tip of your digger to pop out the target.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dont know if the garrett digger can be sharpened, but i sharpened my lesche and that helped big time. I still wear gloves but mostly to keep my hands clean.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.You will realy enjoy your hunting now.

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm that guy that didn't get on board with the hype of these pinpointers..... well at least till I got one, I don't know how I ever hunted without one before this...
I get to get out everyday for 1 hour.... with a propointer I dig 30 or so targets, without a pointer I could get about 15 in my hour.

I'm still not on board with the overpriced shovels though, plenty of good ones out there for less than 10.00. I have a fiskar I paid 6.00 for 30 seconds on a belt sander just to touch up the blade, no so sharp as to cut though my pouch though. I can't see how any of the name brand ones can do any better.... who knows I have been wrong before....
have fun
Bob

Patrick14

Jul 4, 2012
Richmond Va.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The Garrett pinpointer is one purchase that you will never regret! I really didn't want to spend $130 on a pinpointer but once I did I realized that it was well worth the money!!

cactusrat

Jun 27, 2012
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck, I like the Pro Pointer so much that I bought a second one so when the first one goes out I won’t have to do without.

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess I'm picky....

I've been using a Garrett PinPointer for several years. I've gone through about 5 may be batteries, and it still works just like it did when it was new. However, there is a problem with it that is shared with may others.

Lets say we dig a plug, and the coin or object is right on the edge of the plug. Once you get adept at using the PinPointer, you can pretty well tell where in the hole it is. But I just wish, there was a way to detect only object right at the tip of the PinPointer? Technically, I know that isn't an easy thing to do, so perhaps it is wishful thinking. But, if they could.......

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope urs does better than mine. Went out to hunt today and it was turing on ans off by itself and jist not working at all. Only had it 2 weeks.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check the battery. Occasionally mine will act up but normally turning it off then back on fixes it. I would check the battery though to make sure it is making good contact. Some batteries are slightly smaller than others and will need a small filler piece behind the batter in the cap. If not, call garrett about the problem.

OP
OP
Gfrrt

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check the battery. Occasionally mine will act up but normally turning it off then back on fixes it. I would check the battery though to make sure it is making good contact. Some batteries are slightly smaller than others and will need a small filler piece behind the batter in the cap. If not, call garrett about the problem.

Yeah a friend of mine has one that was acting weird and a piece of cardboard behind the cap fixed it right up.

OP
OP
Gfrrt

Gfrrt

Sep 23, 2013
Monroe
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm that guy that didn't get on board with the hype of these pinpointers..... well at least till I got one, I don't know how I ever hunted without one before this...
I get to get out everyday for 1 hour.... with a propointer I dig 30 or so targets, without a pointer I could get about 15 in my hour.

I'm still not on board with the overpriced shovels though, plenty of good ones out there for less than 10.00. I have a fiskar I paid 6.00 for 30 seconds on a belt sander just to touch up the blade, no so sharp as to cut though my pouch though. I can't see how any of the name brand ones can do any better.... who knows I have been wrong before....
have fun
Bob

Yeah i have to agree. You don't have to have a name brand digger. fiskar's are really good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread