Need advice just getting into metal Detecting.

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check out Google Earth, or go to a local detecting club meeting and join some group hunts. Check your local laws, but parks, playgrounds, etc. are usually OK. Always ask if private property. Good Luck!

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
reading_01.gif
If ya haven't already - you might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Massachusetts for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Post on here under your area for someone who is willing to help a new guy out. Find a club and talk to the president and a couple members. I contacted a club and went out wih the president because he offered to help me out. First thing he did is go over my machine as best he could, then he showed me how to dig a plug properly. Then he went and located what he was sure were some good targets and had me come over with my machine and locate then dig them. I joined the club went to their picnic with a beach hunt and a few of their meetings. I have also done so,e networking with other members. If a club is an hour away. It would still be worth your while if they are helpful. If there arent other clubs around i would bet there are members of that club from your area.
Good luck
Gerry

Spectre

Sep 13, 2013
Middle TN
Detector(s) used
White's 5900Di Pro SL
White's 6000Di S3 (Modified)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check out your counties historical society, local library, etc. You would be amazed what kinds of things you can find out about your local county. I recently discovered a farm located in my county that had multiple civil war generals stay on their property on multiple occasions, along with some ghost town locations.

Mass. has quite alot of history, dating back to the 1600's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions