THE LOST AZTEC GOLD

youcefkouidri1

Oct 15, 2013
Wedmore
Detector(s) used
I use treasure Maps
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Basically looking to go hunting for some of the lost aztec gold on my gap year next summer, but first I need to build a picture of were to start and do some research on ancient sites such as the lost dutchman mine and the lost city of gold, all of which I believe is out there....was wondering if anyone could help me by linking me any maps, locations, information or any useful information about the location of the treasure or any helpful points/facts. Any imagers of treasure maps or websites which may be useful, please reply and help me to bring one of the greatest legends to light....and if anyone knows anything on groups of treasure hunters who regularly go out to central or south america please let me know, thank you !

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

youcefkouidri1, here's a good start for you, to read more about such things:

Get yourself any of the treasure mag's that were put out during the 1960s, '70s, and into the early 1980s. Each issue was packed with such stories. All sorts of "lost mines" and "hidden military payrolls...." or "aztec such & such", blah blah blah. Great reading :) You can probably pick up endless supplies of these old mag's for cheap on ebay (as some guys buy/sell/trade the old mag's as collectables).

Each story went along the lines of something like this: "The dying miner drags himself into the wild west saloon, the lone survivor of an indian attack. As the curious on-lookers gathered around him, he spills the story of a fabulous treasure. Unfortunately, despite attempts to doctor him up, he dies of his injuries before being able to go reclaim his fortune. The 5 clues he left on his deathbed are ..... blah blah blah..."

Iron clad treasures in every issue. How can you doubt? Afterall, it was in print :) And .... heck, they'll even have pictures or drawings of a miner posed next to his burro. Or a newspaper clipping from the era showing the outlaw, and the story of some robbery of the era. Great reading. I know a guy who submitted one of the articles that go accepted and published. He laughed because it was entirely made up (aside from some actual names, locations, and starting facts), but he had a fun time writing it, and seeing his name in print :)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not to rain on your parade, all the gold is still out there, but you would be better served reading books by Karl Von Muller, Glen Carson, etc. people that have looked for and found caches. Excellent tips on the how to go about i, etc.

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
If you are looking for Aztec gold, as opposed to Mayan gold or whatever, study Aztec history, not fantasy magazines. There may be gold buried in Southern US, but it won't be Aztec gold. It is pure fantasy to think the Aztecs mounted an expedition of hundreds of miles through enemy territory to bury gold in Arizona, when they owned a major part of the Central Highlands of Mexico. And, during a time when they were dying like flies from smallpox, and fighting to the death. The Aztecs were simply not that stupid.

Some of the local legends, such as Moctezuma eating fresh fish from the ocean every day when he visited here, have been found true. They had runners who constantly ran. Go to the top of the Volcano by Orizaba, take insulated baskets of ice to the ocean, mix it with fish, and run the fish here, like relays. This was part of local legend, and has been affirmed by history studies.

Another one, that in Tenochtitlan, they knew within hours that the Spanish ships had arrived. Turns out the Aztecs used mirror signaling and the word was passed in a few hours from Vera Cruz to Tenochtitlan (Mexico City now).

Many skeletons have been found buried in the area. Since the church was up and running in 1620 (documents available from the Latter Day Saints) and after that all would have been buried in church cemeteries, those skeletons are very old.

The only gold known to be discovered here was a neck piece on a skeleton found in the floor of the house, now a ruin, my wife lived in as a girl. it was donated to the church to buy a new bell. her grandfather said that was in 1911 when he was a young man. Dates here are not reliable; older people often can't even tell you when they were born. The new voter's system means that will no longer be true.

People have dug and dug with no big treasure found so far.

Cortes said much of the gold he didn't get, fell in the lake and was lost during the fighting. I believe him.

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
youcefkouidri1

In this thread everybody is free to write his opinion and you decide whose is the more plausible .
I believe how the Aztecs carried their treasure somewhere in Arizona in a temple , maybe in the Superstition Mountains . Maybe for this the Spanish did the Coronado expedition and many other .
About an Aztec trib in Arizona and the temple you can read at Treasure of the Cursed Superstition Mountains , and what contains this temple you can read the Rosalee's letter at The Lost Aztec Treasure

I hope to enjoy the stories and I wish you good luck .

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maps won't help - as anyone informed enough to place the lost gold on a map went and got it. Years of research and hundreds of thousands of dollars of exploration and site searching will turn up millions. The problem is few of us have the backing to front the initial expenses.

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Charlie P. (NY)

I agree with you how the treasure hunting is an expensive hobby . A proverb says " You must to pay with silver to take gold " . But don't worry , because I can help you a little .
If you have read the links which I have posted above , You have read about a " Painted rock " which is a horseshoe shape of sandstone . This shape is in Superstition Mountains in Arizona . I post a picture of it from GE .

Horseshoe.jpg

In this picture you can see the horseshoe and below and left an aztec totem like a face . I believe how behind of this face , is the entrance of the temple .
This face . the Peralta family called " false God " . A Peralta map which includes this name , is the " EL DERROTERO DE LOS MINES ORO APACHO " . But in this map , Manuel Peralta had used latin words and added spanish words into the latin phrases . You can read the map if you translate every word itself . The " false God " is written " DEIS VANA " in the map .
If you will find the " DEIS VANA " , you will find the " Painted rock " . This is the map

Manuel Peralta.gif

I wish you good luck .

OP
OP
Y

youcefkouidri1

Oct 15, 2013
Wedmore
Detector(s) used
I use treasure Maps
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have started my research by looking up the background knowledge on the numinous tribes which inhabited mesoamerica and now that i have finally finished exams its all steam ahead......i have now started on aztec history.....does anyone have any usefull information on where exactly the aztec people originated from as i believe that any treasure would have been relocated to their roots ?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vk1

Don't let Piegrande crap you out. HAHAHA Between Mayan Glyph Tiles being found in Arizona, and what looks like the remains of an Aztec Cat down near Tumacacori, it is very likely the Aztecs brought their gold North. Piegrande just wants to believe it is near him in Mexico. HAHAHA

skullglyphfragment2.jpg

Aztec Cat.jpg

You don't even need to go out and buy books. There are PLENTY of threads on this website about the LDM, Aztec Gold, Jesuit Treasures, etc. There is enough reading to keep you going for months!

Good Luck - Mike

Last edited:
OP
OP
Y

youcefkouidri1

Oct 15, 2013
Wedmore
Detector(s) used
I use treasure Maps
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh no dw i 100% belive its still there.......you just have to try and understand the complex nature of the aztec civilization and use logic to work out where it could have gone......no way was it lost in the canals which were not nearly deep enough to conceal the vast amounts of treasure! Yea that is interesting how there have been allot of materials found in southern USA although it could just be were they orignated from or maybe the remains of another tribe, its hard to tell with so many tribes making up mesoamerica, however theres always a chance! and yea cheers i ve found some helpfull info already on this site

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mythic treasures on the scale of which you are referring may well exist , but I think you would be wise to set your sites on some goals
that are a bit more attainable . For example test your patience and detective skills by doing research on some sites that have been
forgotten, by talking with some "old timers" in your area -combined with research at your library and online . Prove to yourself that
you can follow these kinds of leads to a successful conclusion - that of finding obsolete coins and relics or other treasure. My point
here is in no way intended to dampen your enthusiasm for finding "the big one " but rather to suggest that there may be many
other treasures (even significant ones ) which could be pursued without necessarily going half way round the world and incurring
massive expenses for a treasure which is shrouded in many centuries of mist and misinformation .

OP
OP
Y

youcefkouidri1

Oct 15, 2013
Wedmore
Detector(s) used
I use treasure Maps
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"The harder the struggle the greater the reward"- I appreciate your help but i ve already set my sights on the big one- it is correct to say that the mysteries surrounding the treasure are very complex but i belive that they all point to a central story- many legends may have simply been intended as diversions- all i need is the correct amount of reliable information

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread