CLIPPER MINE?

Funbob235

Jul 19, 2013
Fort Lewis WA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone heard of the Clipper Mine "Mothers Day" in WA? There's not much on the web about it, and I've been trying to find it for a little bit now. I know it's located here in Pierce County Washington State, and thats all the information I have on it. I've searched Snoquaime National Forest 7810 and I still cannot find area's that look anything like it.

If anyone has or is willing to share information please let me know, I just want to go search and hunt around. Yes I know going into old mines are very hazardous, but so is everything else we do, thats why we do the things we do. We are human.

Thank you all for your time

-Bobby

tjernagel

Jul 24, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Clipper Mine

If you haven't already found it... it's easy to find. It's just off NF-7810 (off the Carbon River Road). Parking for it can be found at 47° 1'15.30"N 121°50'53.54.30"W or 47.02091667 -121.84841667. If you have a 4x4 there is a road that runs up to the bottom of the mine. If not it's a easy walk of about .3 miles. After you get to the parking area you can't miss the road off NF-7810 heading into the forest.

As far as I know there are no more hazards to this mine than any other. It's cut in rock and has been there since 1901-1943. As with any mine I guess it could collapse but a lot of people visit it yearly. We were up there just a few days ago. I found the sign down inside the mine and made a place for it next to the entrance.

It's a fun place to visit.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/4...167,2762m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x0

Clipper Mine Entrance.jpg

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread