A Question?

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought my XLT used & the edges of the loop 9inch, is about to wear through to it's innards so is there some kind of cheap fix? say a type of spray bed liner type of coating or some type of epoxy to increase it's useful (life) , I was thinking maybe JB weld or something that will harden & thicken the bottom edge & sides of the loop . Thanks for any help..Davers :thumbsup:

J.Cohoon04

Oct 3, 2013
N. Chesterfield, VA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher F2, CZ70 Pro (Borrowed), Tesoro Cibola(Sold), Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I would think some two-part epoxy would work. Someone feel free to correct me if I'm wrong though. Good luck!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most hunters use a coil cover but it is a chore to remove it to get out any black sand that gets inside the cover. Using an epoxy is the best way to protect the coil from wear. Join NRA.JPG

OP
OP
Davers

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys I'm sure ill figure out something soon, yea I have a loop cover but the loop is worn to where it wont fit unless its glued or taped on. Thanks again..Davers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread