relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My first was a Bounty Hunter Platinum ($300) a very capable machine and I filled a room with all my finds. I recently acquired a Teknetics Omega 8000
which is $600 new. I absolutely love this detector which cost me $400 used.

Teknetics has a few models in the $300 range that might be worth looking into as well. Good Luck

louie41

Aug 23, 2013
Maryland Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
White's 4900/D Pro Plus, Ace 350, whites BHID, TRX PP and Whites digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
define "not to extreme priced".
you'll find really good info on the Fisher F2 package (with screen) for $200 and up from there. maybe the Tesoro Compadre $160ish (no-screen). no matter what you choose you can't always avoid bottlecaps or pull tabs. Some machines can decrease those odds but I don't believe all the time. Some will disagree with me. see digger27 and were his jewelry chart falls in with all the junk numbers. scanning old buildings I'd look into something that discriminates iron out really well and those first two mentioned can do that from what I've read.

schleicher

Tenderfoot
Jan 24, 2014
Vienna
Detector(s) used
F2 two years, seit heute 31.01.2014 proud owner of F70 I am so happy :-)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I would also say that there is no detector of crown cork od pull tabs can avoid entirely. I would be interested in how far the same models Teknetics Gamma 4000 to 8000 in the effective search performance? have you as information? best greetings

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread