Looking for a refiner

copperdropper

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anybody here know of a good reliable refiner that works with private parties? I have been buying scrap gold off of Craigslist, EBay and various message for quite some time now. It is again time to send to the refiner and after my last experience I had with the one I had been using, I need a new refiner. I had to pass on a really nice deal last week because my funds are low at the moment. I hope that this is the right place to post, if not please let me know. When I came across this forum I thought somebody has got to be able to help me. Thank you all for your time.

golden ray

Jan 30, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro
& Lobo
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ARA (America Recycling) located in Dallas, TX.
I never had a problem with them. They pay
98% on the refined gold.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Check with one of your local pawn shops. They will likely know who in your area can do it.

OP
OP
C

copperdropper

Tenderfoot
Oct 19, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am looking for one that will work with private parties, which it seems ARA does not. All of the pawn shops recommended the last refiner that I had worked with, however they have changed their policy since I last worked with them. Now unless you have a business license they will only pay about 75% and last time I used them it was 95%. I am not going to sell anything for 75%. I hope somebody can help.

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you cannot find a refiner, try talking to a jewler of pawn shop and see if they will help you…….maybe you give them 1 or 2%, the 2% for the refiner and you are still at 96 or 97%

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread