Metal Detector transporting?

shadowwalker

Feb 19, 2006
I will be packing my metal detector around on my fourwheeler. I was wondering if it would be o.k. strapped onto the rack of the fourwheeler or should I buy a case? I tried riding with it strapped onto my back. It only took one trip to show me the mistake that was. I did that because I didn't want it to "bang around".

jangles

Feb 11, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
MX5 plus many others in the past
I purchased some tranporting clamps for guns or bows from sportsmans warehouse that work great.
They have em at Cabellas also.
HH John;D

spez401

Jul 13, 2006
Coventry, RI
Detector(s) used
Excal
If you're going to cart it around on an ATV, 1) make sure it isn't hanging over the sides, (obvious i know) and 2) make sure you strap it down well so it doesn't bounce around

steve

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shadowwalker said:
I will be packing my metal detector around on my fourwheeler. I was wondering if it would be o.k. strapped onto the rack of the fourwheeler or should I buy a case? I tried riding with it strapped onto my back. It only took one trip to show me the mistake that was. I did that because I didn't want it to "bang around".
It'll just happen horizontally instead of vertically. Break it over if you can. It should be ok. There aren't any moveing parts in it.....unless it will rain ???

T

treasurejack

I buy one of those custom fit foam filled hard cases when I buy my detectors. It's probably overkill but I figure it's better to be safe then sorry. I wouldn't be afraid to haul mine around on an ATV rack if it was in the case. But then again, I be mindfull not to let things get too bumpy.

OP
OP
S

shadowwalker

Feb 19, 2006
Thanks, I got a idea of putting it in a military ammo box, one that held rockets. I then cut foam rubber to put inside of it. I then cut the form of the detector and accessories. To get a good fit. I will also use this as a transport container for it, in gneral. I wish I had a digital camera to send you all pics. Maybe with my first find in tennessee I can get one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread