First week back hunting.

Oldbuttplate

Oct 18, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT. It was free. Still works good.
Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well first week back and not much to show for it but its fun. I have a house that was put up in the mid 1950's and thinking it would have some good stuff I have been hunting it all week with to detectors, came up with 4 penny's from 67. And what looks like a TV antenna parts cut up. What I find surprising is no pull tabs or bottle caps? Now this would be disappointing if I where new and just getting into this but I can remember doing this years back. What one thinks will be a good place turns out empty!

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well possibly it could have been detected before, or the lot filled in.
I once spent a few years trying and finally getting permission to hunt a 1870's mansion, only to find out right after the entire yard had been filled in with 16 inches of top soil 5 years before, you could imagine how my heart sank to find that out, the family that built the home back then had 8 children...GAH..so many buried goodies I bet..never know now, unless I hit the lottery, then I'll buy the house and strip off 20 inches of soil lol.

Mike

OP
OP
O

Oldbuttplate

Oct 18, 2013
East Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Whites QXT. It was free. Still works good.
Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm thinking it has been gone over before. I had the same experience you had, got permission to hunt an old Country store that had been turn into apartments. Come to find out it had been back field with ash and earth from a steel mill under the topsail!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread