You know your addicted to MDing when . . .

djui5

Bronze Member
May 22, 2006
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
None
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
"When you dream your finding gold nuggets because your alarm clock is (beeping)"

T

treasurejack

...when your new bride tells you on your wedding night that she wants you to carry her over the threshold and you reply, "Noway! If I slip and drop you you'll crush it for sure!"

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...you refuse to go to your relatives' funerals if the weather is warm enough to detect.

...your car has so much dirty iron in the trunk you get half the gas mileage you were getting before you bought your detector.

...your pants are so caked with mud that you have to wash them twice to get them clean.

...you walk through the power tools isle at Sears and only think about how the items there could be used in connection to digging.

...you wish each year had only two seasons: Spring and Fall.

...you carry your detector with you to work--just in case they ever decide to tear out that sidewalk on Third Street.

...at your wife's suggestion you agree to having a get-together at your house, then decide to change the theme to "Electrolysis Party" instead. Might as well let the guests be USEFUL!

...you are asked out on a date by a hot girl and you say "I don't have time. I'm going digging in the dirt on Saturday. Wanna come?"

...you keep your detectin' clothes in your briefcase.

...you are currently trying to perfect a way to use a portable hair dryer, heating pads, and a dozen hamsters to melt frozen ground.

...you can't see your washing machine for the bin of pulltabs that one day you'll recycle and make lots of money on...

...you've spent 3 months trying to teach the family dog to "sniff out" silver coins.

...you close your eyes at night and see a searchcoil going back and forth.

...you can't work because you are too busy trying to think of how you're going to word your next Treasurenet post.

...you don't have any change for the parking meter, but you have 3 packs of spare batteries!

...you count wheat pennies to get to sleep.

...you start a secret brotherhood of detectorists called the KDM. You hold ritualistic services where you sacrifice small animals to Lady Luck.

...you get out of bed in the morning and step on several of the thousand "whatzits" at your house that you've been meaning to post on Treasurenet for identification.

...you clean your detector up every night and take it to bed with you.

...you don't know what your wife or kids look like anymore.

...you were more worried about your detector than the occupants of the other vehicle when you totaled your car.

...you get pissed at people who drop memorial pennies and refuse to pick them up because you know somebody will have to DIG them up later.

...you never look at people when you meet them because your eyes are glued to the ground.

And my personal favorite:

...you spend over 3 hours a day on Treasurenet!

Cheers!

Buckleboy

T

treasurejack

.......when you're stranded on an island and "all" of your survival skills require digging.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I recently applied for a job as a Duracell merchandising representative. Rep jobs always have perks, so if I get the job I'm never running out of batteries again.

Colorado Kidd

Feb 19, 2007
Southern Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS-2a pro, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Ace 250
You know you are addicted when you lye awake at nite trying to figure out how you're going to justify buying another detector to your spouse.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
when your wife or signicant other brings you those no longer dirt encrusted objects that came out of your pants in the washer.

bakergeol

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2004
Colorado
Detector(s) used
GS5 X-5 GMT
You know you are addicted to MDing when

You detect the funeral home's lawn during your wife's funeral.

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
....you find a 120 year old church and walk in on a funeral( in my defense, I had NO IDEA it was a funeral before I walked in, and once there I figured, hey, I drove 40 miles to get here, I ain't turnin' around without some answers) to ask permission to hunt the churchyard.

.....You DJ(karaoke) for 10 hours on new-years eve, and then stay up all day digging holes on the first, because how often can you dig in january in Wisconsin ??

.....Your wife hears a "beep" noise(ANY beep noise) and instantly assumes it's that stupid MD, and glares at you on instinct.

.....The word "disc" no longer has anything to do with, flat, circular objects.

.....You realize that your sitting at your computer, on TN, after sleeping 2 hours the previous night. Making light of your obsession so you can justify it to yourself the next time you actually get an hour between playgrounds and can sleep peacefully.

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
You find a coin in the parking lt and you feel guilty that you didn't have your detector with you to find it. :o

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
You sit and read each of these jokes and can relate to them ALL????????

Your conversation with you Mrs goes like this.....HER,," Honey, I washed your dirty old flannel shirt"
YOU, "Thank you, I appreciate is. Sorry I let it get so filthy, but ya know how muddy it's been out there."
HER, " Yeah. It was BAD...but on the other hand, those are some of the nicest pulltabs I have seen in awhile. The pennies still need some work though!" :o
TRUTH......Happened two days ago.

~Nash~

OP
OP
Pulltab Parson

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
These are really GREAT!!!!

Keep them comin'!!!

Stacylee926

Dec 29, 2006
Portsmouth, VA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Discovery 1100
you look at every single house lot when you drive to see if it has MD potential - especially while driving on the interstate to see if there is an old abandoned house in the woods.

you are a newbie and upgrade your MD within 2 months because you are afraid that other one has missed something.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Your mouth utters "Oh man!" as you gawk at a very potential site and as you look back at the road, your mouth utters "Oh sh*t!" as you realize you're heading for the ditch and a big mailbox.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread