How many new MDers is too many ???

How many people have you "converted" to the MD hobby ??

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2-4

• 5-8

• 8-50

• over a billion

• Total voters

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
So, I started showing off my hobby and some of my finds to some of my friends. Several of them thought the whole thing looks pretty dern interesting. I have advised them to try an ACE 250 for a beginner machine, as I have heard alot of good about them(except the dinging noise). Three of them are already planning on getting an MD before the full thaw hits, and four others want to just come along and help with the shoveling. I can't convert too many tho', or there won't be any coins left in the ground for me.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Re: I feel like a missionary

Two people...

#1. Bought a MD and followed me everyplace I went, which was fun for a minute.... then just drove me nutty.  He had no independant thought and ended up tearing up all my haunts.  Not cool.

#2. Bought a MD and was given orders to Korea... LMAO, have not seen him since.

My current "metal detecting wingman" came to the hobby on his own, and we have been a great team.  Except for my Dad who got me into the hobby there isn't anyone else I'd rather hunt with.

OP
OP
gold fish

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
The whole plan WAS looking good, until this blizzard hit. That's OK tho', now I have more people to spray aerosol randomly into the air to accelerate global warming - WAH HA HAAA !!!!

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
4 people.
1) myself
2)my father
3) & 4) freinds
soon it might be 5.... ;D

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
I was in Florida 3 months ago detecting,Had purchased a BH timeranger,did not fair good at the beach,My younger brother lives there,he was with me digging,and also wanted to detect,well since then it's been 3 month's and I'm getting ready to go back,i purchased a Minelab Excalibur1000,and this week after alot of hard thinking,Ive decided to purchase another Minelab Excalibur 1000,so that my brother will have a detector,along side of me,this will get very limited use every couple month's,I just wanted to make sure my brother understands,i appreciate having him there and him knowing that i did not buy a cheap detector.I kinda wanted to purchase a different beach detector,but everything i read keeps pointing back to Minelab 1000,These will never go in the water,but around hurricane season.I wont worry when it rains either,plus i will always have a great Back up detector,Thank's Minelab.Ronald99 ???

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My son showed interest last summer so I gave him my first detector, a Titan 2000XD. He really used it a lot for a few days, loved it, hasn't used it since :-\

Other family and friends know I MD, but it appears they could care less; that's OK, I'm not into some of their interests either. To each their own ;D ;D

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
i did one friend, a long, long time ago. havent seen him in 20 years, i wonder if he stuck with it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread