Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: Sounds like you have an Interesting Wife :thumbsup:

Personally I don't Mind watching them Down South, Up north, Or to the Left or Right of me.

But I can't stand them in the studio with doyle, or on Reruns

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen the show in both locations , I really like seeing alluvial gold - but the way these crews just bulldoze the crap out of everything
is disheartening . I'm not surprised that they can get away with that in South America , but in Alaska I would think there would be some
environmental (EPA) standards to prevent the wanton destruction of wilderness areas to that extent .

My favorite version of these Gold prospecting shows is the one where they are suction dredging the sea floor( off of Gnome i think )

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ever since he twitched and sniffled his way through last years season finale, I haven't been able to tolerate Todd either. But the other two miners groups are interesting so I keep watching. As with other reality shows, they get a little bit less real and more scripted every season though.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh well, you're in luck... next week you get to watch "Moonshiners"!!:occasion14:

Moonshiners drinking water & pretending ? :laughing7:
Last I knew Moon-shining was illegal, & I'm sure there would be investigations
if the feds even thought for a second it was Real :tongue3: & they are easily
Frightened by someones lunch sitting on a sidewalk :laughing7:

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For one Todd on that show is no gold miner as he knows squat about gold prospecting when he got rid of the sluice last year before his trommel was really dumb and him saying that to get it set at the correct angle might take two or three weeks is just plain dumb. If it would take you that long to set the correct angle of your sluice then your in the wrong business or hobby for sure. I don't even see him pan any material he always has the others doing the test pans and if it was my claim and prospecting site I would have to pan it myself to be sure of the gold there, this season so far after Freddy left the test pans they were taking was the material right off the top you would think they would dig a little deeper as flood gold can travel a good ways from the real source. I haven't even seen him driving any of the heavy equipment and Tony Beets got it correct as he stated he wouldn't hire him and like Tony said what would he do. I hope the show is paying him really good as a lot of people get to see how stupid he really is or maybe he's one of those that has no shame and just wants to be on TV.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
as he knows squat about gold prospecting

Tony Beets is the only real miner on the show. Though Parker Schnabel will be a good miner with a few more years experience.

Drill, drill, drill, sample. sample. sample.
one or more people should be drilling or digging test hole full time ahead of the crew mining.

I ran a gold mine and every day we ran samples to make sure we were on pay and running good dirt.

Todd should learn to sample worked areas. Some of my best gold came from "worked" out mines that the old timers missed or mines that were closed for things like WW2.

i have three blue bowls. screens and a 12 volt pump just for panning samples.
http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/g...tem-blue-bowl-fossickers-gold-pan-photos.html

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And the seriously scripted on yesterday's show was when Parker called one of Todd's ex partners because he urgently needed an "experienced" miner to show him how to mine the Yukon. huh?

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the shows are predictable, machine break downs, investors losing faith, to dangerous, running out of money and somebody saying I'm done.

SS

Last edited:

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
All the shows are produced the same way and are very repetitive like Silver Searcher says.
I think Bering Sea Gold which is intriguing but problem after problem just turns me off and there is no one to root for as everyone is portrayed as a reject.

The only true reality show imo is The Ultimate Fighter. Yes there is some drama on the show, but the fights are real. I have taken martial arts for many years and know this isn't producer driven very much. The drama is real and not staged.

Jungle Gold was the absolute worst. Every episode was so depressing I don't know how those 2 guys didn't just kill themselves.
1 step forward, 3 steps back.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Hoffman crew are wasting a lot of time and money - for example the final episode of last season has Todd showing his crew some
local diamonds , and the focus was now going to be diamond mining going forward ??? I watched the new episode last night and there
was nothing said about diamonds ! In a call in portion of the program a caller questioned Todd as to why he didn't "recon" the route
prior to bringing all his heavy equipment into a treacherous jungle road with impassable bridges - he had no answer !!! I would
certainly put my money on Parker if I had to choose between these two - But If you want to determine who the better gold miner
is , 1.) Take away the bulldozers and other earth movers ! 2. ) limit the miners to sluice boxes , hand shovels , metal detectors,
small dredges (4 inch diameter suction hose ) and gold pans ! Now we'll see who knows how gold behaves in the environment
and who can best concentrate it with out trashing the world around us for generations to come !

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd needs a new speech everyone is gonna be rich is getting old.If it was true they wouldn't need a new show each season.LOL

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not a fan of any of the "reality" shows, I'd rather be out detecting, or trying my hand at panning, but that's just me. HH to all in what ever form you do it!

Number9

Aug 3, 2009
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT
Moonshiners drinking water & pretending ? :laughing7:
Last I knew Moon-shining was illegal, & I'm sure there would be investigations
if the feds even thought for a second it was Real :tongue3: & they are easily
Frightened by someones lunch sitting on a sidewalk :laughing7:

NO.. SURLY NOT.. WATER!!??:laughing7:
Probably paint thinner they through in the fire?

i did see a copper alembic style still being shown in the up-coming previews.. maybe they have a new technical advisor on the show?

They are nice...

whiskey-still.jpeg

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is supposed to be a show about commercial gold mining not hobby prospecting. If they would allow more of tin the states we would be much better off. It is not wanton destruction of the environment...people just get that icky feeling because it is in Alaska or some other western state which is so beautiful and pristine.....not much more of an impact than putting up a strip-mall, the difference is that you have to look at a strip mall for the next several generations. And the roads stoplights and people running amok. Hey, but at least the developers make money and the county gets tax revenue right? As of now politicians and the sheep that are jumping their mouths are creating a situation where we outsource American jobs. Do not sell our valuable commodities at a premium. And, allow foreign entities to make money off of us on our own land. If you don't like mining, don't go to work, don't use a computer, don't use a cell phone, or drive your car. It also creates a situation where companies get to go to more lax countries and actually harm the environment and leave it for the local population to deal with. I watched the first two seasons of gold rush because I like to see those big ops running and I miss Alaska. Now I'm over it I hate seeing Parker act he sucks at it and has sold out I hope it is temporary. If you want to see a legit mining show watch Yukon Gold. The mines and the clean ups are awesome.

Last edited:

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About the third episode of the first season I realized that they didn't have to find gold, they were being paid to do the show...every treasure hunting show is the same...break downs, fighting, running out of time...we were so close,next year were going to get rich.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread