Would a Minelab Explorer 2 be an upgrade from an AT Pro?

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using an AT Pro for about a year now and I really like it for relic hunting. Lately I have been thinking of purchasing an Explorer 2 for coin hunting. I am hoping for better target ID and discrimination that is more accurate with the FBS detectors, and better depth. I will be using it in parks and at older houses. I was hoping someone might have experience with both of these detectors and could give me their feelings on this. And I have to say I like how the minelabs sound. Thanks in advance.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I can't vouch for the AT Pro, but I've used an Explorer 2 for several years, and it's amazing. Even better than my Etrac.

OP
OP
M

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't vouch for the AT Pro, but I've used an Explorer 2 for several years, and it's amazing. Even better than my Etrac.

What coil(coils) do you mainly use with your Explorer in park or coin hunting areas? Thanks

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
What coil(coils) do you mainly use with your Explorer in park or coin hunting areas? Thanks
In open areas, I use the SEF 10x12" as it will cover a lot of ground, and in trashy parks I can squeak out silver and IH's with the SEF 6x8", which may be too large for the trashiest parks, but I get good depth and separation with it.

OP
OP
M

myrtlebeach

Jan 13, 2013
Lynchburg, VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In open areas, I use the SEF 10x12" as it will cover a lot of ground, and in trashy parks I can squeak out silver and IH's with the SEF 6x8", which may be too large for the trashiest parks, but I get good depth and separation with it.

I appreciate your opinion on the Explorer. I can pick up one in almost new condition for a very good price so I think I will.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread