Fake Garrett Pro-Pointers

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes I saw these fakes on e b _ y... I turned the seller into them. They said it was a cracked version made in china. It was new with box and all. Beware of these fakes. I have been detecting since the 70's and there was nothing like a pro-pointer at that time. You had to spend the time to find every target. It was just the way it was. Like walking to school in the snow both ways up hill :) When I first got my pro-pointer I was in awe of how fast I could find any target and how many more targets I could find during a hunt because I was not spending time looking for the target. NO-ONE should be without a pointer of some kind. I have a Garrett Pro-Pointer and if it broke today I would order another on immediately. I would not hunt without one. So for the people that do not understand how great a pointer is, they have never walked to school uphill in the snow :)

lockster99

Dec 8, 2013
SE Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Garrett
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I got stung by one of the chinese ProPointers this week............eBay seller here in the US drop shipping from China. Paid with Paypal so I'm good. But seller is refunding all money to multiple buyers. Usually dont buy off internet stuff like this. My other Garrett Pro Pointer has been getting a little hankey lately and I have a big hunt coming up. Thought it would be good to have a back up. I do believe in them and remember not having one.....dont want to go back to that....sigh.....

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got stung by one of the chinese ProPointers this week............eBay seller here in the US drop shipping from China. Paid with Paypal so I'm good. But seller is refunding all money to multiple buyers. Usually dont buy off internet stuff like this. My other Garrett Pro Pointer has been getting a little hankey lately and I have a big hunt coming up. Thought it would be good to have a back up. I do believe in them and remember not having one.....dont want to go back to that....sigh.....

That sucks man...F*%$#ING Chinese needs to stop! Its almost like a game to them or somehting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions