Now that stinks!!!!

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
When I was in AZ in 1979 I was told by an OLD THers to always check out ALL the old outhouses. This is a small list of what I recovered.
U.S. Marshalls badge,
3 colt 45 pistols,
25 silver coins,
3 gold coins,
30 gold nuggets-the heavest being about 18 grams,
2 Bowie type knives,
30 whiskey bottles.
Then there was a lot of other trash.
It is easy to find where these were located.
Find the old foundation. Now walk about 50 to 75 feet either to the right or left from the front door frame.
In AZ because of the dryness locationg these place was very easy. Also follow the broken glass. BUT be carefull there are RATTLE SNAKES everywhere.
Peg Leg

Copperhead

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2007
The Constituition State
Detector(s) used
Ace250
You have me wondering....I was at a friend's a few years ago and he was prying up a a huge metal plate he had hit with a lawn mower in his yard. Underneath was a large beehive shaped hole lined with stone. It had some sort of metal frame to it. there was a large clay pipe running into it coming from the direction of the house. The house was built about 1850. Dry as a bone inside. We didn't think much of it and covered it back up. It must have been an early septic sytem installed between the outhouse/modern septic period. Now I'm thinking about what could have been in there....Only problem house, was sold last year. Met the new owner briefly - noooo chance of getting near that place now.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions