Look the big brwn truck laid a egg on my doorstep today.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder what is in the box?
brown egg.jpg

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other
Be careful breaking the shell .. don't want to break the yolk!

TNGUNS

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2012
Evensville, Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Whites 5900, Fisher 1266x, Tesoro Eldorado, Tesoro Silver Sabre, Whites Eagle Spectrum, Teknetics G2, Teknetics T2, Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love eggs....... big time.:icon_thumleft:

detroitdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett gtax 1000,Garrett ace 250, Technetics delta
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What kind of machine is it? You can't leave us in suspense!!! HH

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No Peeking till I open it tomorrow. Even the wife noticed I hadn't opened it. I planed to use it, but it arrived too late. The yolk is well protected, it is double boxed. What I have here is my old detector back from Fisher, I cant wait to get out there and hit some of those deep targets tomorrow. Your winter is my summer here, Im just getting started.

I had noticed some problems with the F75 but it would air test ok. Rick Padillo from Fisher Labs was real helpful after I explained what was wrong. He personally dropped by the house and picked it up. 2 days later here it is. I had knocked the coil out of whack, the box had moisture in it, and it still worked. But my finds were shallow and fewer than normal.

Rick also explained not to store the F75 in the vehicle, and take the batteries out when not in use. You can bet it will get babied from now on. I didn't have a coil cover on also, which could have saved my the coil. Dust covers on the box could have save me a repair also. Lesson Learned. I just wanted to put this out there to anyone who is getting ready to take the batterys out. Get some dust covers, and store in a proper place.

From now on I buy American, and I only by new.

DesertNuggets

Mar 29, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug 2
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice! Fisher rocks. It was a glorious day when I got my GB2 back from them. :)

(Bad coil)

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, there is two types of hunts I haven't done. One is nugget hunting, and one is meteorites. Those are comming. I looked at other detectors but just cant leave my F75. There is better out there, but I like the F75. Tomorrow I have a unique and challenging hunt on the Rio Grande.

wheatfinder13

Silver Member
Nov 23, 2012
New Orleans
Detector(s) used
Teknetics alpha 2000 ,garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
TNGUNS said:
I love eggs....... big time.:icon_thumleft:

How did I know someone would say that. I woul have said that if you hadn't. loL

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome you got your detector back! Woo HOO! Game on! Looking forward to pics of gold nuggets, and don't forget to include ones of you doing the happy dance! HH!

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rick asked me if I ever find gold. I said all the time. But not what you think, mostly park finds. 100_7600.JPG This is the last gold I found. Somewhere in the desert between Hatch and Las Cruces. Its the gold link attached to the plastic apple.

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This detector has surpassed any and all expectations. No matter what type of hunt, it performs. I can score silver and gold almost every day with this machine.

Showtime2385

Bronze Member
Nov 19, 2013
NY
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro-pointer-AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equipped with an HD camera with bicycle mount and all!

OP
OP
Rawhide

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Equipped with an HD camera with bicycle mount and all!

Yes its a Vivitar HD cam from Staples. $69.00 dollars. It records in 5 minute intervals and takes decent photos and even has a zoom. Plus two other mounts. Thats the waterproof case. Short battery life, only 30 minutes or so, but good enough.

I have been doing some challenging hunts, like a big washbowl area in the middle of the desert. Finds are far and few between, mostly modern bullets and trash. Just getting used to the machine at full power. Running it hot in town say at a park makes my holes too deep lol.

The city parks arent giving up much. Just very small finds. But my last ring was a .925 large mens ring. Sorry for not posting pics, I dont always use the camera. I carry three cameras as I like to photograph too. Will be sure to update post soon with pictures and videos.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread