San Diego prospecting

tomrdixon

Nov 17, 2013
San Diego, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello all,
New to the site. I am looking for a place to sluice on a small scale and pan near san diego. I would like to just start heading out the 8 freeway and do some exploring with my boys. For me thats half the fun. But I would appreciate if anyone could give me a good starting point if you are familiar with the area. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may want to post this question on the gold forum, some one there can provide the info. Good luck and HH!

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go out through Ramona on the way to Julian. Up the hill about 1 mile from Santa Ysabel there is a Park call "In-ko-Pah" Fireman's Park. If you park here and go to the side of the parking lot closest to Julian, you will find a trail that goes down a steep hill. At the bottom is a stream were gold can be found by sluicing with a small sluice as well as crevacing. Have fun, but be aware, there is poison oak at certain times of the year. I think it may be going dormant about now (Nov).

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The park coinshooter is speaking of is actually called Inaja I know this as I grew up just miles away from there. And yes there is Gold there.

bobinsd

Oct 20, 2005
San Diego California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While you're there stop at Dudley's for some sheepherder bread and in Julian for an apple-raspberry pie. At least you won't go home empty handed. The Eagle mine is also interesting.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
AT GOLD/Garrett /C.Scope cs4PI/Garrett(carrot) pro pointer/ 5x8 double d coil and sniper coil/Lesche digger/Lesche "T" handle shovel.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While you're there stop at Dudley's for some sheepherder bread and in Julian for an apple-raspberry pie. At least you won't go home empty handed. The Eagle mine is also interesting.
Now I want some bread I worked there as a kid ummmm ummmm good the jalapeno bread as toast is fantastic.

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Aunt lives in San Diego County! They own property that backs up to one of the only small creeks in the County. Would that be a good spot to look for gold? I don't want to post exact location on here but its close to Lakeside/ El Cahone

Helix

Bronze Member
Jul 27, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett gti 2500, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry El Cajon.

Back-of-the-boat

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Helix that's probably a little to far down the hill but you never know.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread