pawn shops and dimes

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I hit a handful of pawnshops today for the 1st time- boy oh boy im glad it was on my way home and not an extra trip- everything was double spot- on shop only had some gold eagles and wanted 1800+ they did have a bag of dimes 13 of them amd wanted $50 for them, another had some comm date morgans and ASE for $55 wowzers
On a crh note picked up 2 boxes of dimes and to my liking they werent all 2013's both skunks but gives me hope to start up my 20+ boxes of dimes a week

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

OnARoll

Nov 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah pawn shops don't revolve around the same dimensions when it comes to current value of coins! They see an old date and charge you twice the value!

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found ONE pawn shop that gave me a deal when I bought in bulk, and by deal I mean I bought $100 worth of silver and got like a dollar or two below the total melt value.

After that they have avoided selling to me, like they're mad they agreed to that and they want to scalp other people instead.

Pawn shops are ridiculous.

Your best bet at a pawn shop is find something they don't understand- foreign coins, etc. Most people will sell foreign coins for less than melt, and they may have higher numismatic value.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading a report about how Pawn shops were paying big money when Gold and Silver was high, and when it dropped, they were actually at a loss..The Pawn shops in my area wont even give you 20% of current spot

OP
OP
Iamrussell

Iamrussell

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was reading a report about how Pawn shops were paying big money when Gold and Silver was high, and when it dropped, they were actually at a loss..The Pawn shops in my area wont even give you 20% of current spot

Ya thats what one of them told me- they had bought so much when it was higher and now that its dropped they couldn't afford to sale it even close to spot so they had most of it in back in a safe just waiting till spot rises- and NO one is bringing it in with these low prices

-------------------------------------
just keep stacking, just keep stacking, stacking stacking stacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread