Forum Nazis and FSA (Forum Security Administration)

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it is wrong when you don't like something that you should throw accusations of being a Nazi at them , if they take the time to know the intense horrors caused by Hitler's vile administration. It's actions was the closest thing to pure evil that man has ever done. To use it's name in calling any thing you don't like , is diminishing it's true impact and dishonors all that died fighting that evil. it lessens how we see what real evil is.

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most seem to dislike "older" threads. Why is this?
With the mere mention of Na_i, conversation takes a turn. Rightfully so possibly.
I like what kayakpat says.
Peace ✌

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most seem to dislike "older" threads. Why is this?
With the mere mention of Na_i, conversation takes a turn. Rightfully so possibly.
I like what kayakpat says.
Peace ✌
My comment was to be sure member knew thread was old, there is nothing wrong with reviving it, nor it's title.

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HERE I AM GUYS!!!!! lol I forgot about this thread and how much fun it was. Maybe sometime reviving a thread like this would be a good thing for those on the edge of joining out of fear they will be made fun of. This thread ought to be enough to make them join and not worry that they will be ridiculed :)

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome back!
I reread this thread and was astonished to again see the mention of "mods" altering/modifying/editing PMs.
It don't happen here.
Peace ✌

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you are! That was one loooooooong winters nap! Lol! Nice to have you posting!

No fear here, it's all good!

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
I moderate or have moderated several boards, and I had no capacity to see PM's. I could ban someone and delete postings. Yes, I could also edit postings, but only did so for valid moderator reasons. and the EDITED BY MODERATOR message was unavoidable. Just as the posting edited earlier on this thread said it was edited by Jeff, and he explained why he did so.

I do know an extremely controversial blogger and he openly changes postings to an extreme degree for his own inappropriate reasons.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On some forums, the moderators as well as the owner/developer can view Private Messages. After becoming a mod at an artifact forum, I was dismayed to realize that not only did I have access to sensitive information, but I could also see the moderator log detailing the chronological edits made to people's posts and profiles by the mentally-unbalanced owner himself, edits made to discredit and marginalize the finds and reputations of the posters. A righteous storm ensued and the owner shut the place down. I'd be highly skeptical if a site owner claimed that they couldn't access such info, and likewise would be distrustful of such claims by Administrators, though lowly moderators are not likely to have such access with modern software. Just like the NSA, why would they admit to such indignation-provoking activities unless absolutely forced to? People claim that they have better things to do than pry into personal matters, but the popularity of voyeuristic reality-tv garbage demonstrates that many people relish it greatly. Toss in a few firsthand accounts of buried gold, or exuberant messages detailing a rich ore deposit and most people would tune-in given half a chance. I'd exercise caution if you have valuable information that would typically be sent via PMs to trusted associates. I know for a fact that the ulterior motive behind the establishment of some forums (and/or certain features of the forums) is specifically for the purpose of gleaning juicy nuggets from the "private" correspondence of their members, or their search inquiries. They were topically unrelated forums so it's highly unlikely here, but certainly not impossible. Just use some discretion.
I forgot I was the OP here! The memory is the first thing to...what was I saying? You are Damn right! I have personally seen my private messages edited & did not feel 'safe' posting on a forum that would do such a thing. That is what the word "private" means. As in "private" messages?

Last edited by a moderator:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I forgot I was the OP here! The memory is the first thing to...what was I saying? You are Damn right! I have personally seen my private messages edited & did not feel 'safe' posting on a forum that would do such a thing. That is what the word "private" means. As in "private" messages?
As stated many times in past, we do not read or edit PMs. Mods and admins do edit posts that violate our rules...

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chizzy

Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad this thread came back............
I've been on other (non-related) forums where posters get away with just about anything they want and I was thinking a couple of days ago how great it is that the forum moderators here do their job in a fair, honest manner...........

To all you Mods.........Thank you................

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Common' now... I'm only right "Most " of the time :tongue3:

& no, I probably never will unless they put a parking lot ocean side
at the inlet, Or at least some type of Tram.
My health barely allowed me to walk the 2 city blocks, or what Felt like allot more for me , from the lot to the beach
& after a short rest was able to brush off the chest pain & detect.
But at the end of the Day, Having to walk back to the parking lot after, took 2 long rests & a few short ones
more to catch my breath, & pop a nitro and every bit of enjoyment out of me :(

& of course the Ditch is way too far north of the prime spot for me.

And not wrong the rest of the time. Ok now that we got that settled...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Folks should read what they are agreeing to when they join this (or any) forum.

TreasureNet is not responsible for removing or editing any post. Information you post WILL NOT be considered copyrighted or otherwise protected from use by anyone else. We make no guarantees or warrantees as to the length of time posted information will remain online. We reserve the right to delete or modify any post, avatar or image, at any time, and for any reason. We reserve the right to limit any users' access to any feature, including the ability to search, post, browse, upload avatars, etc.. We reserve the right to ban any user, and/or delete any user account (including all posts) at any time, for any reason. Bans are not subject to member review, approval, protest, or appeal.

It's not like they don't warn you they will edit what they want. And you agreed to it when you joined.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And be sure to call them "Nazis". Forum staff love it and just can't get enough of that.

OP
OP
atomicscott

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
And be sure to call them "Nazis". Forum staff love it and just can't get enough of that.

I know, Nazi is a bit harsh, lol. When the other forum guys jump in & edit pm's or delete post's because of a negative review of a detector, it does make me feel violated. I do not get that from Tnet, so I prefer it over here.

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know, Nazi is a bit harsh, lol. When the other forum guys jump in & edit pm's or delete post's because of a negative review of a detector, it does make me feel violated. I do not get that from Tnet, so I prefer it over here.

I've seen people banned for mention nel coils on minelab exterra forum yet they have sponsors selling them. On the other site. That's why I've haven't even viewed that forum for quite a while. If stuff like that is censored your not getting the full story meaning the truth.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions