Which detector is the most sold in the US?

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Referencing my last post: 

I get a little defensive... Sorry Jeff, your right, it was all just opinions... sorry everyone:-X 

I really should spend more time in the Rants! Thank you all for putting up with me.

And I don't think I even replied to the original question!  I think the lower end BHs are prolly the "most sold", but the ACE 250s are the most used and enjoyed.  Neither of which are the best I'm very sure. 

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jim,
Are you off your medication again? ;D
-MM-

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Montana Jim said:
Referencing my last post:

I get a little defensive... Sorry Jeff, your right, it was all just opinions... sorry everyone! :-X

:D

No Harm no Foul

Froggie

Feb 19, 2007
Stafford Virginia
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon
The Big Mac is the most sold hamburger in the US, but that doesn't mean it's good for you!
Go for the best, not the most popular

C

Clam Digga

I'm kinda new here.... But I love you too Jim and you other wonderful treasure digging folks.

Group Hug ? ;D

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
Hey Jim I tried to keep my mouth shut :-X but I had to put my two cents in here as well. I started on a low end BH and if it wasn't for that machine i never would have gotten hooked on MDing. :o I just recently Sold my knee jerk reaction to wanting to move up DFX. It was just too complicated for a poor simple minded man like myself :-\. And I'm buying 2 Garrett 250 one fer me and one fer me wifey ;D. as for your post I like the fact that you would stand up for a brand that you believe in and r willing to take the heat from others who seem heck bent on bringing down the leading manufacturer of machines which helps our sport, yes i called it a sport, bring new blood and interest to bear. I only wish we all had your courage of convictions. Besides ;DHehehehe, I wonder how many closet BH users are on this very site, Hiding their Identities for the shame of using such lowend machines. ;) :D ;D :)

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started out metal detecting about 30 years ago I used my dads Garrett Deepseeker which was about $650. plus tax. I used his until I had found enough goodies to sell and buy my own Deepseeker. Ok, now here is the story.....My sister bought a Bounty Hunter at about the same time at the flea market for almost nothing. And I thought "she won't find nothin with that piece of junk". Well, I WAS DEAD WRONG!!!...She either had a very good detector or she was the luckiest little SH#T that ever walked on two legs. She did every bit as good as I did. That old Bounty Hunter was ran over by her soon to be ex-husband (not because of running over the detector) and my dad took it apart and fixed it. She still has it and it still works as good as it did 30 years ago. You all have a good one!

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cabela's and other catalog stores sell BH, so they probably have the volume in units sold. If I look in the phone book in my travels I see White dealers all over the U.S., and that is the only brand I can "handle" locally. They have the marketing (and TV commercials!).

I'd never heard of a Minelab when I started looking to buy a MD, and I did a bunch of searching when one was offered to me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions