How many is going to swing the ol detector on turkey day?

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many is going to swing the ol' detector on turkey day?

I am about to go crazy wanting to go out & swing the ol' detector, tomorrow is turkey day but I am going to try to go for awhile tomorrow evening I hope. How many is joining me on turkey day? ???

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone :coffee2:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I wish but family will have me tied up for the day.Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I might stop swinging long enough to eat some turkey.........got to have priority's in life folks.

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am heading out right now 6::30 am to go to a park. We are going to have t-day dinner later and I'm bring my detector to the house we are visiting. That is the only way my wife could get me to go? :icon_thumright:

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
19 degrees (f) in Columbus, Ohio at the moment. I'd prefer to sit inside and play some music. Later, my wife and I will head to my parents' home and have a nice little family gathering, sing and play some music. Yes, I come from a family of music professionals. Every family gathering ends up being a jam session with lots of harmonies and laughs.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
MineLab SE Pro, Garrett Ace 250, Teknetics Gamma 6000, Nokta Fors Relic, Sunray X-1 Probe, Garrett Pro Pointer, Coiltek Coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to go bad, but damn,its cold as hell .... 21 degrees

Same here it's 18 degrees but suppost to warm up in the higher 30's later today I am hopeful that I will get to go for a while got to wait & see how it plays out :dontknow:

MickeyMaguire

Apr 26, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, Ace 300, Ace 250, PP-AT, PP II, F-Pulse
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Same here it's 18 degrees but suppost to warm up in the higher 30's later today I am hopeful that I will get to go for a while got to wait & see how it plays out :dontknow:

We have a creek that runs across the end of our back yard. I am contemplating running along the creek with a detector before heading to the family gathering today. Once we head to the festivities, it'll be too late to consider anything today. Black Friday, however, will not find me in a store-- but might find me in a field or woods somewhere.

LeftKick

Nov 28, 2013
Northern Mass
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Garrett Pin Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I'll be out. Having dinner at my uncle and aunts house, who live next to an old abandoned rail bed that was used for trolley service in the early 1900's. Went out of service in 1911. First time I've been able to get there.

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'll be out. Having dinner at my uncle and aunts house, who live next to an old abandoned rail bed that was used for trolley service in the early 1900's. Went out of service in 1911. First time I've been able to get there.

That sounds like a real place I will be over & give you some help might take me a while to get there but hang in there I am on my way.....HEHEHEHE....:laughing7: :BangHead:

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have a creek that runs across the end of our back yard. I am contemplating running along the creek with a detector before heading to the family gathering today. Once we head to the festivities, it'll be too late to consider anything today. Black Friday, however, will not find me in a store-- but might find me in a field or woods somewhere.

Black Friday is going to be digging dirt Friday for me I am with ya brother can't wait until tomorrow but I am still going to try to swing a few today just don't know for sure about today yet but hopping.....GL2U...Happy Thanksgiving

cooper1841

Bronze Member
Dec 24, 2012
S.E. Michigan.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equnox 800... 2 Garrett Pro Pointers, Lesche, and an 18" mini-T- handle and a 31 inch Samson digging tools
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
19 degrees, windy, snow on the way. Both sons, their wives, grandkids, on the way, good food, and Lions football, and pumkin pie........................I think I will stay inside today!!

relicmeister

Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We had a quiet Thanksgiving, just me, my wife and mother, took the dogs to the park then went to a favorite local cellarhole for as long as my feet and hands could take the cold from digging into the snow covered soil. Got a few nails and a hunk of stove iron for my trouble but I was just glad to get out for a while before the
Turkey. I'm off till Monday and hope to swing the detector at least some portion of each day.Winter hunts are usually short and local but they keep me sane!
I wish all my Tnet friends a happy and peaceful Thanksgiving.
Relicmeister

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going Friday and Saturday with my daughter. Should be very nice.

Squatty

Aug 26, 2013
Gilmanton NH
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Thanksgiving.
I really had hoped to get out once or twice this week, but the weather has not been cooperating. Snow, rain, cold... now I think the earth is too frozen to dig into. Sadly I think it is that time to put the machine away for the winter. >:(

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1960's beer can and some pottery shards. Not too bad, Im getting close to some old ruins. poptop1960.jpg daepottery2.jpg

OP
OP
PlayingInTheDirt

PlayingInTheDirt

Nov 17, 2013
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going Friday and Saturday with my daughter. Should be very nice.

I have two daughters & they hate it, I wish I could get one of my girls into hunting, fishing, detecting something with me but they are just to girly I guess & I am not going to make them if they don't want to :dontknow: Anyway your lucky to have a daughter that enjoys the great outdoors with you make all the memories you can...GL2u both :hello2: :thumbsup:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have gladly given up eating to go detecting turkey day, but we had family over so I couldn't disappear. Work Fri & sat, hope to get out early Sunday morning! I can hear the goodies in the ground calling my name to save them! Hope the ground will still be soft come Sunday! HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread