This could happen to you!

ronald99

Dec 13, 2006
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE-Excalibur 1000-Minelab SD2200V2
Homeland security,Yes the rules have changed the last few years,Open a post office box,checking account,ect.more info,they want so much more information from you,There is alot of our information being stockpiled from many government contractors,that would make your head spin,and guess what,It's all legal.They keep track what websites you visit,what you purchase with your bank card's,There is government contractors that keep home cell records,Don't fool yourself.RONALD99 ???

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
EDDEKALB said:
That would explain it for sure!
Now we know who's monitoring this site :)
If this is the case,then our taxdollars are truly going to waste.And somebody's been smoking way too much crack!!!!! (remember Marion Barry? ;D ) This goes way beyond paranoia,it's more like schizophrenia.
[/quote]you said it fatso ........... ;) :D
[/quote] Why I oughta!!!! ;D

OP
OP
K

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250
MONTY got It right! It was the IRS!Along with the ASSistance of other
law enforcement.Not my posts on here nor anything to do with T.H.N.
Seems anything over ten thousand dollers gets the once over by the IRS My deposit was 30 thousand.And since it didn't stay there( paid of my loan)It looked like I had not paid any taxes on it.

Oh and how do you recognise a fedarel Lic plate! ITS BLUE AND WHITE AN SAYS U.S. GOVERMENT ON TOP OF THE PLATE.da!
not to mention it says for offical use only on the trunk and sides

Scribe

Feb 18, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Konnon,

30 grand? I bet you set the Fed spidey senses just tingling! Another thought as far as why they locked in on you would be:
A:Money Laundering-The process by which criminal enterprises attempt to take money made by, or for, illegal means to look legit.
By depositing a large amount of money and then immediately withdrawing it it looked like you were doing some sort of wire transfer scam or "washing" it. It could look like it was dirty money from a dozen different places-Terrorists, Drugs, Mob, Girlscouts (I know there's something addictive in those cookies and I'll figure it out after just one more.... ;D).
B:Nigerian Scam-Although it's unfair to call it the "Nigerian Scam" since it's really caught on in alot different places. The scam comes in various forms, but a common one is to someone cashes a large check, money order, money transfer, or multiple checks adding up to a large amount, into an account. Now these are either from people that have been scammed and don't know there money is on it's way to a country with very liberal banking laws, or the money order/checks are counterfeit. You might think that in todays modern era counterfeit checks would be caught in an instant, well sad to say the answer is "no". Often the bank accepts the check/money order as legit until the paper reaches it's destination where it is found to be from a closed account, false account, or fraudulent account. All that takes a few days.
Then it comes back and somebody is out of a lot of money (usually the bank or some fall guy).

I'm glad to see you came out of it intact. It would be horrible trying to prove your innocent when your not even directly being accused of anything just some vague descriptions, suggestive questions, and no one that can comment on it directly!

OP
OP
K

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250
Ya my problem too Scribe-I love those girl scout cookies LOL
that right there is a plot!Those cute green uniforms and taking money first then delivering the goods!LOL

Pulltab Parson

Jan 20, 2007
Northwest PA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Vaquero, White's Prizm III, White's Bulls-eye Pinpointer II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What is this country coming to???

You know Hoover and Nixon would have never let this type of investigation happen. . . ;D

Nashoba

Bronze Member
Sep 20, 2006
Washington and Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace250/Prospecter Bounty hunter(Backup)
treasurejack said:
Things are getting all messed up in this country, whatever happen to "innocent until proven guilty?" Anymore, it seems like it's, "Your guilty until you prove you're innocent." Sad, very, very, sad.
Sadly this is too true. Once you are arrested it is quite simple. You have to prove your innocence. They believe you are guilty or you wouldn't have been arrested, but it very simply wrong and unconstitutional.
Someone mentioned a lawyer? Uh...I would not recommend any attempt to sue the Feds. I mean isn' it ovious how miserable thay can make your life already? Imagine if they were TRYING to make it miserable!!!

Count your blessings and be glad it is over. Sorry you had to endure it in this "free country" in which we live.
~Nash~

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know about other places, but here in Arizona if you sell ANYTHING to a pawnshop, or get a loan on an item the description serial number etc. plus your picture ID is sent to the Cop shop. They're also forcing the scrap metal buyers / junk yards who buy copper scrap and wire to get your ID and you'll have to supply a mailing address to receive your money in a check a week later. This is supposed to help curb copper thefts that are due to skyrocketing copper prices. Next thing you know we'll have to show a picture ID to cash in soda cans. Sad world we live in........

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread