No Winter blues here!

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For all of you folks who have been complaining of late, about not being able to do a bit of detecting..... Eat your hearts out!

It is 67° in Roswell, NM as I write this, and I'm back from about 4 hours of digging. I came home only because I was overdressed, and got too hot!

Oh! I'm only $1.70 richer, but at least I didn't have to pay the local gym for the exercise!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Freezing out, it,s cold as L, least I ain,t in Roswell! :laughing7:

67 ,( hey I don,t have a degree sign, must have froze off,)sounds unbearable,you poor thing!

dirtscratcher

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2009
Columbia falls Montana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov GT Explorer XS Tesoro Vaq t2se x705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The way I have to look at it is you could not go ice fishing like I did. Five big fat rainbows eat your heart out.

OP
OP
Alan Applegate

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have enough trout in the freezer from last October, that I can feast on them at least once a week until the thaw!

All this makes me wonder about those guys up there in Anchorage?

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Alan Appelgate! It's 67 in Roswell because the "saucer" is still emitting radiation! Lmao. Seriously, I hope you can dig through winter. GL+HH, (Happy Holidays and Hunting).
Peace

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey App!! Did you find any UFO parts?? MERRY CHRISTMAS and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

OP
OP
Alan Applegate

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't talk about what I've found, as I'm afraid the feds will come down on me with a ton of bricks! But I will say this! They're slightly green, but tend to get gray after a few hours out in the air. Most importantly, they taste just like chicken!

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, it's 73 degrees here now, but I can't go detecting. Too much paper work to do, but If the weather holds:laughing7: I will be out tomorrow.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can't talk about what I've found, as I'm afraid the feds will come down on me with a ton of bricks! But I will say this! They're slightly green, but tend to get gray after a few hours out in the air. Most importantly, they taste just like chicken!

Sounds just like the chicken I got at the store this week! That explains it!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No weather problems where iam at.Now if i can just get some good finds i will be ok.

Dec 5, 2013
Springfield, MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Alan, LOVE the Roswell area. Went thru there a few years ago. Is that restaurant with the jeep and UFO stuff still there downtown? Don't remember the name but it was fun to have a burger there.

OP
OP
Alan Applegate

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, the restaurant lasted about 18 months, and poof! About 1/2 of it is now a Subway, and the other half is being renovated for something.

We're lucky in there was have a really good steak house, and a good Italian restaurant owned by the same family. About the best Mexican food here is at Martine's Capital Cafe. I have b-fast there every Saturday morning with a bunch of friends, and have never had a bad meal. I once ask the waitress why it was only rated 4.5 stars out of 5. She told me the help isn't very good!

By the way, they quit serving Alien Tacos when the meat supply dried up (pun intended!). They still serve Alien Ale, however.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread