Great article(found on Facebook no less)

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Last edited:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Deserata-1692.jpg
Frank...

Last edited:

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thank you for posting that.Everything in that article is so true about society today.Real scary isn't it.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All or many of you here, have no idea how much I love and care for you all. Even those of you, that we may disagree on things.

CG, thank you for posting that. It should be required teachings! LOL!! Along with a few other teachings......

Thank you too Frankn for that. Thank you both for a moment, of truly slowing down and taking it in, in the rush and worried world and time of the season.
Bless you all.

OP
OP
CoilyGirl

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Wonderful post Frankn. I'm glad those that responded took it for what it was. I know I can come off snaky sometimes and I truly want to tender my words to actually get my message across.I think all too many times it's easy to snap at those you don't agree with and I hope that our political,religious leanings don't completely divide us as humans.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes, and interesting article. Recently someone posted something I didn't like, and I went on a long rant, then instead of posting it, I hit cancel. A lot of stuff is baiting, and being at the terminal end of my life, I don't need the hassle, especially if I know the author is trolling. There are certain groups and organizations that want to be offended so they can raise Cain, that's their goal in life, to destroy someone that doesn't agree with them, and it can be done via the internet without any danger of loosing their teeth. This has been a surprisingly hard paragraph to write, because I'm continually wanting to go off on a rant, but I haven't, and I'm posting it now before I do. Thanks Coily, it's a good article.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks,coily and frankn,true words of wisdom

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in the 70s I used to have a poster of this. Its still as beautiful to me as it was 40 years ago. Thanks for the post.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffgordon, soul screen , along with that sunscreen!
Thank you Frankn for that post.
If we don't give acknowledgement to the bitter neg comments we deny that person power, they then have no following, no fuel to feed the flames so it doesn't go very far on it's own. Anonymity is another tool they use, no accountability for the havoc they cause, no price to pay.
I learned long ago that the only opinion of me that counts, is my own, and the golden rule goes a long way.
I guess that's what I like about MD'ing, quiet, and time to think.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't recall the "song" that the sunscreen thing was from? Bueller?

Rob in KS

Aug 21, 2006
Middle of Kansas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There just doesn't seem to be much compassion among the younger generation. They can hurt from a distance. That must be hard on young people. The young people don't realize that after you get to a certain age, things change and you're not defined by what other people think.
In the immortal words of Popeye the sailor, " I yam what I yam"

Dang, it sure is hard to choose the right words, its taking a long time to write a short paragraph and get it right.

Coilygirl, I've never seen any of your posts be anything near snarky.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread