OP
Jeff G

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II
Calworks said:
What's a coin flipper...besides the obvious answer it flips coins...what does it look like and why do you use it?

A coin flipper-- every see a coin just down in a little mud?? stuck down on another surface/item. It's is flat and can get under them to flip them out. You can also use it as an edged probe to get a coin up out of grass, etc.

It's the middle item in the photo.

index.php

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There IS the optional 18 ouncer. Both are much safer than a coffee can in a rollover situation. :o

Attachments

• catfood2.JPG
    catfood2.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 245
OP
OP
Jeff G

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II
packerbacker said:
There IS the optional 18 ouncer. Both are much safer than a coffee can in a rollover situation. :o

I have a nalgene wide neck bottle. I KNOW they never leak!!

T

TreasureTales

packerbacker said:

Yep, those might be big enough. LOL Thanks PB.

Here all this time I thought "take a nip" had to do with drinking on the sly. I learn something new every day here on TNet. LOL Don't ever ask a Brit about "knocking up" someone. It means a whole different thing to them. LOL

konnon6

Feb 13, 2007
Detector(s) used
homemade/whites DFX/MinlabGP3000/Garret 250
I think maybe your brains and common sense! stop and think were are you going?How far from home will I be?If I carried all the stuff they mentioned with me,I mite die of exhastion first! Ya keep the stuff in the car! And If your going ferther away bring only what you need and can carry! This is to be fun and safe.The weight can creep up there fast
and then its a chore to carry all that weight, now your not haveing fun anymore yer a pack mule.Use your head!

OP
OP
Jeff G

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II
konnon6 said:
I think maybe your brains and common sense! stop and think were are you going?How far from home will I be?If I carried all the stuff they mentioned with me,I mite die of exhastion first! Ya keep the stuff in the car! And If your going ferther away bring only what you need and can carry! This is to be fun and safe.The weight can creep up there fast
and then its a chore to carry all that weight, now your not haveing fun anymore yer a pack mule.Use your head!

Oh yeah, It got a little crazy but it was fun. I have a belt bag, what fits in it goes. Everything else stays in the truck...
Small digger, probes, batteries, water bottle, keepsake bottle, sheath knife, gloves.
In the truck. Small folding shovel, sand digger(in case there is a beach) food bars, more water and a relief jug ;D

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Energy and motivation... ;) Sounds like you have cheated Whites and Lesche out of a few accessories and for that I commend you. Nothing like sticking it to the man. After you get good at pinpoint with the coil you will probably want to stop using that probe. ;)

OP
OP
Jeff G

Jeff G

Nov 5, 2006
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic II
TokenFinder said:
Energy and motivation... ;) Sounds like you have cheated Whites and Lesche out of a few accessories and for that I commend you. Nothing like sticking it to the man. After you get good at pinpoint with the coil you will probably want to stop using that probe. ;)
Well, I figure I find what I need and don't as I start using the stuff. I expect the coin flipper will get used quite often, even if it's just to break up dirt clods. Maybe I should start marketing probes and flippers... heck they are cheap and easy to make...LOL...... ;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread