Need Advise

Pauln

May 15, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a hot spot. Got 2 sliver mercs, 1 buffalo and a ton of wheaties. I have been using my at pro with 2 different coils. I think there would be more deeper that the at pro may just not be reaching. I will go back with my sov gt but that is not a easy to use. Works great on the beach but there is a lot of trash here that the at pro meter tells me not to dig. My pulse machine would go crazy with all the nails. Any suggests to get a little deeper without getting another machine?

UPDATE: I did some more research and I hear the Sov GT is much deeper than the AT Pro. I have a 180 meter in the mail on the way.

Last edited:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is a good spot then i would dig as much trash as your arms will let you. There are lots of interesting things that can ring up in the trash range and also as Perses said, there may be good finds mixed in or underneath the trash.

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
advice doesnt get much better than that

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Passing by what your machine "tells you not to dig" is the ideal way to pass up goodies that are masked. Even though trash is a pain in the you know what, you're limiting yourself if you depend too much on the detectors opinion. My two bits.
luvsdux

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Never heard of a machine that tells me not to dig. If you are doing that great, don't stop! If you have unlimited access, "clean" it and take the trash out with you. That way, you don't have to pick up the trash twice. TTC

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the potential is there for good finds I would dig that's sucker clean. I can't deal with the thought that I missed something and it's still sitting there in the dirt. I dig a lot of junk but I've also dug some great stuff on iffy signals.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread