buried gold coins

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
My old Hays 2 box will go down 6' and the Pulse Star with the blanket 'coil' will go much deeper, however I will have to agree with Tom that most caches are not that deep.
I don't even like digging post holes over 2' deep. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ground penetrating radars, will not detect or find any non ferrous metals like gold, silver, brass, cooper, etc, the metal must to be magnetic in order to be detectable with GPR.

prospexican

Nov 28, 2013
Nevada
Detector(s) used
Gemini-3 best expert.
gpx 5000, fisher 2 box, whites sierra madre, eagle ll w big foot, gold bug, GMT, MD-5008, Detectron 2 box. etc. metrotech 480, and ferromagnetic magnetometer FX-3. fisher CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well good thing you are not a president lol, but i dont mine taking my american friend to mexico to bring some bullions to usa. lol. ok talk to you soon.

OP
OP
I

izzyjazz

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks perdidogringo,
My first finding was at a depth of 5'. I believe the climate had alot to do with my finding being deeper than expected.
There are a few negative individuals in this business.. Just saying!!

OP
OP
I

izzyjazz

Tenderfoot
Dec 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks perdidogringo,
My first finding was at a depth of 5'. I believe the climate had alot to do with my finding being deeper than expected.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey gang, forgive me for being pessimistic, but ........ why is it, that some cultures (typically 3rd world countries like phillipines, mexico, etc..) all seem to believe any treasure legend they ever hear (a treasure *certainly* is buried in every cave afterall, eh?

I think that its just to try to get out of the poverty theyre living in.Ive talked to plenty of people that live in the Philippines.Theres no part time jobs,full time or nothing.If theyre in school forget it.No work for you.They live on crap a day that we couldnt even imagine.I guess what it boils down to is called hope.From what I heard you cant blame them.

Marc

Silver Member
Mar 19, 2003
Northern Hemisphere
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Ground penetrating radars, will not detect or find any non ferrous metals like gold, silver, brass, cooper, etc, the metal must to be magnetic in order to be detectable with GPR.

Not true. GPR picks up differences in densities (and angles of reflectivity) - it has nothing to do with ferrous or non ferrous. (otherwise, they'd be building stealth bombers out of precious metals ;))

Magnetometers on the other hand only pick up ferrous objects.

Last edited:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks perdidogringo,
There are a few negative individuals in this business.....

Stop making the same post over and over! This is like the 5th time in 2 days you have posted that.

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Most caches are buried about 13-18 inches. as was said why bury it so deep but in sandy areas deeper than in dirt areas makes sense. If it would be in a large container or bag 2-3 feet would be normal for it,but small amounts i wouldnt think 5-6 ft would be likely. shortribs rwdmo

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used

I think you are confusing a Magnameter with a GPR! The Mag will only detect variations in the earths magnetic field caused by ferrous (iron) material. A GPR on the other hand only detects variations in density of earth or anything else at a given depth. FYI Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Most caches are buried about 13-18 inches. as was said why bury it so deep but in sandy areas deeper than in dirt areas makes sense. If it would be in a large container or bag 2-3 feet would be normal for it,but small amounts i wouldn't think 5-6 ft would be likely. shortribs rwdmo
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I would estimate that large caches are buried about the hieght of the container +1'. Every small cache I have found, such as mason jars etc. have been shallow, maybe 6" to 8" of soil over the lid. You have to remember these people intended to return and dig them up So they relied on a good location more than depth to conceal there cache. Just my thoughts based on my experience. Frank...
111-1 profile.jpg

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks perdidogringo,

Wait.....So you already found one? But your OP said you were looking for Info on a detector to find one :BangHead:

And please dont reply with that post about thanking Perdidogringo

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread