Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been looking for a Decent/Good nany Cam to put at our home. We were robbed within the first 3 months of moving into it and we are in a "good" part of town.

My question is for anyone that HAS a Nanny Cam or Hidden Camera to watch the inside of your house.

I dont want some gimmicky Junk that I see all over the place.

I was looking for one that I could put an SD card into, and something that either has an internal battery, or takes batteries.

All i can find are ones that offer all this stuff about putting it on the Cloud, of course it likes 10 bucks a month or 99 a year.

Are there any out there i can just simply set up WITHOUT using the Cloud or having to plug in?

My range is around 100-200

Here is the best I could find on what im looking for...thou it has to be plugged in and needs to use the cloud.

http://www.amazon.com/Dropcam-Wi-Fi...UTF8&qid=1388426912&sr=8-2&keywords=nanny+cam

Any help would be appreciated

CincinnatiKid

Bronze Member
Nov 5, 2013
Cincinnati Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Diggin-N-Dumps, you don't need new security cams, you need a new "nanny". If you are uncomfortable w Anyone near your children, rid yourself of this! Intuition rules.
Peace

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wally world has two cameras, recording device, about the size of an ipad..will record up to four cameras for $200bucks.
the camers are about as long as a beer can...about half the diameter...night vision and day.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents got a small black trail camera from dicks sporting goods when we had someone stealing off road fuel from our tank.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got one $198. @ Walmart , two cameras and a wireless monitor uses SD card and is motion activated. Cameras do have to be plugged in, and have night vision. Can add 2 more cameras to it, total of 4.
We also had a break-in, hide the good stuff!
I wanted to live wire the windows but they wouldn't let me!

OP
OP
Diggin-N-Dumps

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We got one $198. @ Walmart , two cameras and a wireless monitor uses SD card and is motion activated. Cameras do have to be plugged in, and have night vision. Can add 2 more cameras to it, total of 4.
We also had a break-in, hide the good stuff!
I wanted to live wire the windows but they wouldn't let me!

Seems like Wallys is the place to look!

Thanks again guys!

jd5105

May 20, 2009
West Monroe, La.
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1260x, BountyHunter DE280 Outlaw, Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Google home security stores or home video surveillance systems. Some of the dealers have hidden cameras disguised as ordinary household items, clocks,picture frames, books etc. If in need of video systems, I bought an 8 camera system (new) off Ebay for a little over $300. It is internet/smartphone accessible,didn't come with monitor. 600 lines of resolution, it's OK but the high def are great but way expensive.

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My parents got a small black trail camera from dicks sporting goods when we had someone stealing off road fuel from our tank.

Bad thing about those cams, they take pictures every 15 seconds and can use up a SIM card really quick. My boss had me get some for our yard to keep an eye on the trucks and not only does it pic up motion, but also take photos every 15 secs of the area. If the SIM card is full, it won't take any more pictures!

DO NOT get trail cams!!!!

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
The truth. The only good part of town now a days is a gated community. Out in the country is the best place. Last time I was robbed was 35 years ago and I tracked him down and called the Sheriff. He got some time and had to pay list for all items stolen and not recovered.
Now here's the word on the cam. Most robbers know about the cams and look for them and take or destroy them, so you are talking about futile effort. What you want is something that makes loud noise. They don't like noise. Pick up a car alarm like the Bulldog etc. Hook it to a 12V battery and trickle charger. it will worK even if they cut the power lines. Hook it to an electronic siren. That,s my suggestion. Frank...

PS: Or you can use my personal method shown below.
Blue 1212.jpg Nothing gets by me! Few men will take on a pitt bull!
Blue

Last edited:

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have bought a few cams off of ebay. bought a wireless smoked detector with cam built in. under 200.00 I bought a 8 cam DVR with 700 line cameras for 189.00 on ebay too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread