Some tips to keep your pin-pointer safe. Attachment. Tip Protection. Waterproof talk

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Attach the pinpointer. Some hunters complain there is no place to clip the pinpointers (pro find pro pointer)
Here are some pictures for you to look at. The best way till now is use the flat ring between the cap and detector body. And attach it thru a spring lanyard or a retriever to your belt.

Protect the tip. Some use the "Diplastic" to protect the tip from scratching. It need time to wait it dry , so I prefer the second one: find some plastic cap. Look at the picture below.

Waterproof. I think this is most important for hunters.
There are three place is possible to be attacked by moisture and water. Battery cap, buttons, buzzer hole and LED light.
For the pro pointer. The button is the most dangerous place. The following is buzzer and LED. There is a piece of fiber film covered the buzzer but it only stop clay. A EVA ring protecting the LED hole but will be weak after water washing.
For the Profind the button is designed tighter than PP. There is no protection on the buzzer. LED place is looks little loose.
Solutions:
Some users will wrap them by soft plastic or silicon glue. It looks bad but works. Some use bicycle tube to wrap. Looks better.
I prefer to use a shrinkable tube to wrap and spray the board with PCB protection coating. Will post later.

If you have any questions about the detector please leave a message.
屏幕快照 2013-12-24 上午11.23.47.png 屏幕快照 2013-12-25 上午10.13.29.png 屏幕快照 2013-12-30 下午4.45.41.png 屏幕快照 2014-01-03 下午12.25.08.png $T2eC16JHJHoE9n3Kd75CBRiOSfIn7g~~60_14.JPG knee-down-pp.jpg IMG_0266.jpg

Last edited:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just gonna stick mine in a ziplock bag !

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes
Bounty Hunter Camo LS
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
IMG_0266.jpg
Like this one. The PCB coating need to open the case. It is hard for most people.

OP
OP
deteknix

deteknix

Jul 22, 2013
Covina, CA
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS Pro-pointer
Ace 350
White's 6000DI pro
Rangar
Tesoro Cortes