beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Four days ago I placed an order through Optics Planet for a Garrett Pro Pointer pinpointer. Two days later I got an email from their risk management team asking me some questions. I replied to their questions the same day. Today I get an email stating my order was cancelled because I am not a member of law enforcement or the military. The gal I placed the order with didn't mention this to me when she took my order. And I checked.........they sell a bunch of different pinpointers none of which have this regulation only to the military or law enforcement. Strange!

Today I ordered a Garrett Pro Pointer from Kellyco (Wanda...ext. 134...very nice and helpful) and not only did they beat Optics Planets price, but they offered free FedEx shipping and no taxes. They have no regulations with regard to law enforcement or military for this item. Strange!

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've never heard of Optics Planet, but what you describe seems very strange to me.
luvsdux

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is just a little weird, unless Optics sells only to law enforcement etc. so it wouldn't be the product just the policy.

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
Kellyco BITES! Trust me. Ebay or a sponsor but not Kellyco unless you have no other options.

Sorry. I didn't notice you already ordered. Have fun!

Last edited:

BertC

Dec 25, 2013
Kellyco BITES! Trust me. Ebay or a sponsor but not Kellyco unless you have no other options. Sorry. I didn't notice you already ordered. Have fun!

I agree, Kellyco does suck.

Personally I prefer keeping it local! Pay your taxes like everybody else and support your local businesses.

I personally do not buy from EBay or Amazon because what customer service could they truly offer you if something was to happen with your equipment or even if you had a question about it??

Just my two cents worth.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kellyco lost my bushiness when they tried to charge me a restocking fee on a $210 coil. I had spent approx $1200 with them in the last year, but they will never see a cent from me again and they're staff was also very rude in the 2 calls I've made to them.

lost items recovery

Bronze Member
Nov 29, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Kellyco lost my bushiness when they tried to charge me a restocking fee on a $210 coil. I had spent approx $1200 with them in the last year, but they will never see a cent from me again and they're staff was also very rude in the 2 calls I've made to them.

Pic from pm conversation

image-2827889423.jpg

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have ordered from Kellyco, but there is a lot more places to get detectors from now. 15 years ago they were about the only place.

I don't routinely order from them now, but they have occasionally run good deals and they are a sponsor on Treasurenet. I have not had to use their customer service, so I can't attest that there are issues regarding their CS.

team sidewinder

Apr 14, 2013
SW MONTANA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 705 , CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I also purchased a Minelab 705 dual package from Kellyco and while it probably wasn't the very best deal it was not the worst either. Have not had to use their customer support and hope I don't have to after reading this post. The internet transaction with them was not a problem in any way.

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That was strange. Probably Obamacare.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread