PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,

I posted this in the classifieds section but not sure it was seen much there.

I am trying to get a copy of the following book:

Title: Spanish trail of gold
Author: Robert Burch
Print date: 1910, 1935, or 1936

Will also buy other treasure related books if they are not already in my collection.

Thanks,

Patrick

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I went online to rare booksellers everywhere, some of the top university libraries, and even a friend here who owns a rare book store. Nada. That is going to be one tough book to lay your hands on, but I bet you already figured that out...

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Its a hard to find book. I have looked everywhere. There are some references to it online here.

I even tried the Library of Congress who should have a copy on file. And, as luck would have it, the copy was never provided to the Library of Congress.

I don't need an original copy. Just want to read it. Probably will be expensive when I finally do find it.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Patrick, I was researching that name and found 2 Authors named Robert O. Burch and it looks like they were both born in the 1920's. Are you sure that was his name? I did find where someone had inquired that book too.

Dirt1955

Mar 10, 2015
Orange County, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Patrick, I was researching that name and found 2 Authors named Robert O. Burch and it looks like they were both born in the 1920's. Are you sure that was his name? I did find where someone had inquired that book too.

Anyone ever find this book? Several folks have been looking for a copy world wide. Including me. I suspect, if it exists, it was published and sold in a local community and never made available to general population. PM me if you have any information at all.

Kevin

Honest Samuel

Banned
Sep 23, 2015
Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went online to rare booksellers everywhere, some of the top university libraries, and even a friend here who owns a rare book store. Nada. That is going to be one tough book to lay your hands on, but I bet you already figured that out...
Not yet, but, I am still trying to figuring it out. Keep looking and we hope that you find it.

Randy Bradford

Jun 27, 2004
Anyone ever find this book? Several folks have been looking for a copy world wide. Including me. I suspect, if it exists, it was published and sold in a local community and never made available to general population. PM me if you have any information at all.

Kevin

I tend to echo this sentiment. It was likely published independently, it's relative low page count suggests it might have also been published and marketed as a pamphlet.

Author's being born in the 1920s wouldn't work as they'd still be in high school when the book was published.

Karl von Mueller mentioned this book in "Journals of El Dorado," which is interesting because nearly all of the books he reviewed in that tome were books he owned himself and allegedly had in his personal library. Karl frequently reviewed books in the National Prospector's Gazette so it stands to reason that he had the copies and ultimately complied his reviews into a book format. Back then if someone wanted a book reviewed, they'd send him a copy or two and he'd review it and keep the copies for his personal collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread