Help regarding NASA

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
oh just do it! If you get arrested tell them you have info and will roll over on redjamescash. that will get you immunity

Nah jeff,if they cared about what I was doing here after almost 5 years of doing it,I'd be a dead man by now.:laughing7:theyre looking for the quite ones,I do believe that youre on the list:wave:see yeah

Mr.T

Sep 10, 2010
France
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too funny!

But if you are serious, tell them you lost your car keys!

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why when gov speech came into this thread was it not locked? Per tnet rules no political speech aloud. What does NSA watch lists and the like have to do with metal detecting?

Nickleanddime

Jul 21, 2013
a, ohio
Detector(s) used
A $10 garage sale find.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way the only reason I said anything is the powers to be are harping on a guy on another thread for talking about aliens in the gov. So if you can't have one why have any?

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why when gov speech came into this thread was it not locked? Per tnet rules no political speech aloud. What does NSA watch lists and the like have to do with metal detecting?

You may not.... Start a thread to specifically promote or discuss politics or religion or respond in a political or religious fashion to a post if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.

what part of
if it's not somehow tied to treasure hunting.
is confusing ?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I'm kind of thinking like Tom in Ca. NASA if its an old unguarded site it might be public now. Its like a lot of things. You don't know till you ask.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

You will never get a piece of NASA! I was in FL when the nose of the Columbia wash up on a Merritt island beach. The lady that found it called NASA and reported it. When they came she requested one of the black tiles to keep for a memory. They said it was government property and they didn't want to have a memory of one of there failures. They comed the beach with detectors, but it was high tide. I went back at low tide and hit the edge of the water and came up with a bent , burned on one side piece of the Columbia. Hay I can 't have it authenticated, they would compenscate it. But I know I have the only piece! Frank...

haha Frank, that is just too funny! You got told point-blank (well, 2nd hand) of an ... oh my gosh strict rule that no one from the public an so much as pick up or keep a piece of govt. debri. But then you turn right around and do JUST THAT. Shame on you. You have violated the "code-of-ethics". Never mind that no one cares, and their answer to that lady was simply the obligatory "because you asked" answer. Tsk tsk, what's this world coming to??

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it is owned by NASA you will never get their permission. ...

3%

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

MALO PERICULOSAM, LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETAM SERVITUTEM

We will NOT go quietly into the night!

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will never get a piece of NASA! I was in FL when the nose of the Columbia wash up on a Merritt island beach. The lady that found it called NASA and reported it. When they came she requested one of the black tiles to keep for a memory. They said it was government property and they didn't want to have a memory of one of there failures. They comed the beach with detectors, but it was high tide. I went back at low tide and hit the edge of the water and came up with a bent , burned on one side piece of the Columbia. Hay I can 't have it authenticated, they would compenscate it. But I know I have the only piece! Frank...
View attachment 931783

Challenger not Columbia... just sayin..

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I worked at NASA for 5 years. NO metal detecting. If you don't work there you will need a secret clearance like the workers do just to get through the gate. You wanna go around the gate and enter somewhere else? There is a reason they don't need boots everywhere. One is..... big gators. The other is..... well...... secret. I worked 3rd shift..... I metal detect..... Other officers detect...... Mmm. Nasa was a pig farm. When Nasa seized the area, the farmers let their pigs go wild in protest. That is why you see 600/700 sows all over the place..... wild. ╦╦Ç

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Challenger not Columbia... just sayin..
Tiles ARE (were) available. You needed to go to the people that pulled off the burnt and damaged ones. Big carts full of old tiles. ╦╦Ç

buck8point

Apr 22, 2018
Iberville Parish, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250 / Garrett AT Max /
Garrett Pro Pointer / Garrett Pro Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tiles ARE (were) available. You needed to go to the people that pulled off the burnt and damaged ones. Big carts full of old tiles. ╦╦Ç

Absolutely..
Was just clarifying that any possible debris found on the Atlantic coast of Florida would be from Challenger Not Columbia, which tragically got scattered over East Texas and West Central Louisiana.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Absolutely..
Was just clarifying that any possible debris found on the Atlantic coast of Florida would be from Challenger Not Columbia, which tragically got scattered over East Texas and West Central Louisiana.
Not to worry, Buck! Never gave it a thought. I just mention the EASY way (place) to get a tile was to see the guys in the high bay and "arrangements" would be made. ╦╦Ç

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions