why do we bother?

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure hunters are a persistent bunch. The "good" days are going to be outnumbered by the "not-so-good" days. Just like the pull tabs and bottle caps are going to outnumber the gold rings. You have to get the bad days out of the way so you can get to the good days. You just don't know what kind of a day until it's over. When you start bringing home the good stuff, you'll see that "look" your wife gives change.

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Yea, where are the pics of the muffler clamp and rebar? ;D

Dandy

Tenderfoot
Dec 8, 2004
One of the folks here said that md,ing is is just like fishing. I love to fish also. Funny thing, if i don't go and get my line wet I don't get any fish! Some times I drive 100 miles, stay overnite, buy bait, Break a rod, etc. still don't get a fish. (You get the drift)

Don't get discouraged! you will have some great finds, and meet some great people!
Keep Smilin'

Ricardo_NY1

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2006
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Explorer XS/II & Garrett ACE 250
dlvasil, I haven't had anything crack me up online like your post did......sure woke me up at work. There will be better days my friend! Trust me. Pay no attention to the Garrett freebies.......the headphones suck and that digging tool did not last 10 seconds of my abuse. Clean up your equipment, get yourself a nice set of headphones and digging tool and get ready for round 2 which hopefully becomes round 3, 4, 5, etc.

Montana Jim

Gold Member
Sep 18, 2006
Montana
Dandy said:
One of the folks here said that md,ing is is just like fishing. I love to fish also. Funny thing, if i don't go and get my line wet I don't get any fish! Some times I drive 100 miles, stay overnite, buy bait, Break a rod, etc. still don't get a fish. (You get the drift)

Don't get discouraged! you will have some great finds, and meet some great people!
Keep Smilin'

LOL... thats why it's called "fishing" and not "catching"!

I "detect" lots of metal... iron, rust, nails, buckets... no need to continue.

Great post!! Thought provoking...

T

treasurejack

I think a lot of us MD for the mental challenge and the activity, also for the sense of adventure and the history involved. Some of my favorite finds aren't my best, not even close, but it's the history they contain that makes these finds so special. Ask around and you'll probably find that most successful MDers spend more time researching places to hunt then they do metal detecting.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions