America Unearthed

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you. I have seen that a lot with treasure hunters. They try to bend the facts to fit their theory.

This immediately reminded me of these two....

Diggers_on_beach small.jpg

LOOK! I FOUND BILLY THE KID'S HORSESHOE!

Recluse

Greenie
Jan 25, 2014
Southern Illinois
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I caught an episode recently where he looked for the "Burrows Cave" here in southern Illinois. It was more interesting for me than most episodes because I regularly travel through the iuka area where the cave was suppose to be located.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well I got half way through last nights episode .
in the middle of discussing Ohio's Serpent Mound they lost me, so I gave up
& deleted it from my DVR :(

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more things change the more they remain the same!
...... Is it spring yet?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, I must say the Serpent Mound was not interesting. I cut it off during the mound also. He is only introducing theories for you to mull on , but the mounds have little in formation to work on so they are not interesting to most. I like his approach where he calls a spade a spade, and you really don't have to agree with his theory. The thing is he digs out the objects so you can also draw your own conclusion. It's not like "BOOM BABY, this piece of useless will bring $500." Well you know what I mean.
Frank...
Yes, I am guilty of saving some of that useless scrap also!

Attachments

• angel of the sea 475.jpg
    angel of the sea 475.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Google doesn't "get their info" anywhere. Google doesn't decide what to show you, it is a search engine. It simply shows you what is out there related to what you ask it. So the "where" is everywhere and everyone who has posted about it, INCLUDING THIS PAGE. Information is just facts, perceptions and ideas. What you do with it is up to you.

Not exactly true. Google is a business with a political agenda. You and I may simultaneously enter the same search term on Google, and receive different hits, based on Google AdWords. The hits are a product of all of our individual internet interactions, political posts, friends, and purchases. There are paid hits, purchased by companies that want to have their products highlighted first on the "objective" list of search results.

Politically, there have been several hot topics that have had information actually scrubbed off the results by Google.

Google is partnered with the NSA and is mutually politically and economically favored by the U.S. government. They pay a fraction of the usual corporate tax rate, and get a free pass.

Last edited:

BARKER

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
BOSTON
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Garrett GMH, Toltec 100, Whites PI 3000, Fisher 75, Whites Silver Eagle 2, Whites Beachcomber, and several others from 1968 to Present
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm voting for the Ancient Astronauts. !!! Oh, And BigFoot too. Go Nessie. !!!! RIIIIIGGGGHHHHT.
The entertainment is in watching how far these space cadets are willing to go to "prove" their points.!!!
PEACE:RONB

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I really like like the violin music In the climax !
I see a lot of shows copying this show!
I HATE copycats !

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would watch it but the squatch that captured me won't allow it

Lier...!!!!!!! I told you when you moved into my cave out back you wouldn't get a satellite signal. Get over it and blaming my squatch.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
My favorite quote of his is "so what you're saying is (fill in the blank)".... He does it all the time several times per episode. He'll show something to an expert, get a non committal answer, and then run with it. "So what you're saying is that it is "possible" that this proves there were 10' tall giants who built pyramids here out of solid Gold 10 million years before Columbus".. Yep you got it. It's also "possible" the Easter bunny is real...

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My favorite quote of his is "so what you're saying is (fill in the blank)".... He does it all the time several times per episode. He'll show something to an expert, get a non committal answer, and then run with it. "So what you're saying is that it is "possible" that this proves there were 10' tall giants who built pyramids here out of solid Gold 10 million years before Columbus".. Yep you got it. It's also "possible" the Easter bunny is real...

So, what you're saying is... the Easter bunny was here before Columbus?

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but that is due to the fact Google Adwords are often posted based on local searches. I used GoogleAdwords quite often and I set it up deliberately to give different info based on the searchers location.

As far as I know Google does not "scrub" anything from its search engine results based on politics. If anyone has a reputable source for such a claim, I would sincerely like to read it.
Not exactly true. Google is a business with a political agenda. You and I may simultaneously enter the same search term on Google, and receive different hits, based on Google AdWords. The hits are a product of all of our individual internet interactions, political posts, friends, and purchases. There are paid hits, purchased by companies that want to have their products highlighted first on the "objective" list of search results.

Politically, there have been several hot topics that have had information actually scrubbed off the results by Google.

Google is partnered with the NSA and is mutually politically and economically favored by the U.S. government. They pay a fraction of the usual corporate tax rate, and get a free pass.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If I remember right, on the Lost Tribe episode Scott blew his cool at a local NC. history guy about something he did not agree with, then when I saw the re-run awile after, they cut Scott's outburst out. I watch the show
I am rooting for him to make his first big history changing discovery. I work nights and it is always on late, so it beats watching info-mercials.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I picture history as being a patch work quilt, that is based on theories of different Archies that have been patched together. They usually base their theories on prior work and try to build from there. Sometimes I suspect that the foundation work might have been corrupted. Like Columbus being the first here when in effect he was following the stories of prior visits by others. Frank... PS: Hay Dave, you got a boat near Havre de Grace? hand print-2_edited-5.jpg

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have applied some of his thoughts into my own hunting and found them to be true. I once found a hole going up through the cieling of a cave and your could see daylight in it. I took a compass heading and realized this was a old chamber for tracking the change of the seasons. I do believe he is more than bending facts, he is re writing the book.

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm voting for the Ancient Astronauts. !!! Oh, And BigFoot too. Go Nessie. !!!! RIIIIIGGGGHHHHT.
The entertainment is in watching how far these space cadets are willing to go to "prove" their points.!!!
PEACE:RONB

But their not there to "prove " anything. They're just offering theory's ,its for us to make up our own mind. Nobody is telling you to believe it.

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Frankn no I don't own a boat, but I bet you could get to some awesome sites with one. My boating friends use to play football on 6 inch deep sandbars way out there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread