America Unearthed

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
It passes the time but I think he begins with a pre-conceived idea and then tries to force the evidence to fit even when it's simply not there. But it beats watching Oprah.

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It passes the time but I think he begins with a pre-conceived idea and then tries to force the evidence to fit even when it's simply not there. But it beats watching Oprah.

This season has already shown its Hollywood side. I recently watched the one in Hawaii, and it was too much of the fake family dialog for me.

S IL THer

Nov 29, 2009
S. Illinois
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, DFX, Coinmaster Pro,White's Eagle II SL, White's 6DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He should get together with Brad Meltzer's Decoded and Geraldo Rivera and find no absolute proof of anything together !!!

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
.. I never watched unearthed and i never watched Oprah i never could stand her…..

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just another assinine TV show!! My buddy was the captain on the boat taking him to Nomans Island to look for Viking clues, and he said the guy was a pompous jerk with no interest in truth, only his TV ratings.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"The history we were taught in school is wrong, and I'm going to get to the bottom of it"

He gets to the bottom of history alright, the bottom of the barrel. I like to see who makes the wildest extrapolations, Scott Wolter or "ancient astronaut theorists"

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Haven't seen it.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would watch it but the squatch that captured me won't allow it

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you ask I've watched the show all along ...it has some entertainment value and he is a well spoken guy. But the show is running its course and while all of his "evidence" is very much a stretch it is interesting. Last weeks show was a joke on the design of Washington DC and the freemasons bla,bla, bla. The story has been told a dozen times on the history channel. He says this stuff will be earth shattering etc. I say who cares if George Washington and the rest were Freemasons and the like. All the bull on the Knight's Templar and treasure is old and tired.Scott Wolter needs to go up with those guys digging holes on Oak Island and maybe they will all fall in. Maybe he can find Forrest Fenns treasure.

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Haven't seen it, probably won't, but don't undersell the importance of the Freemasons in the independence of this nation. All but one of the first congress were Freemason's, and as such they, while in their lodge, could speak freely what was on their mind. The founding fathers were committing treason, but in the lodge they could talk without any outsiders listening in, and Mason's don't rat on Mason's. It's very important to be able to discuss plans with out fear of a spy, and that was their opportunity. It was serious and dangerous stuff, treason ends with a short rope and a long drop.

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Haven't seen it, probably won't, but don't undersell the importance of the Freemasons in the independence of this nation. All but one of the first congress were Freemason's, and as such they, while in their lodge, could speak freely what was on their mind. The founding fathers were committing treason, but in the lodge they could talk without any outsiders listening in, and Mason's don't rat on Mason's. It's very important to be able to discuss plans with out fear of a spy, and that was their opportunity. It was serious and dangerous stuff, treason ends with a short rope and a long drop.

Absolutely my friend! Too many folks take the founding Fathers and the origin of this country for granted. Or don't know their stories at all. I'm not a Mason but if they are interested in prolonging American freedom then I am with 'em! Great post!

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love the show! It is the same thing that drives me to treasure hunt...... It's about the hunt. I've always been very much an " explore my world " kind of guy. No matter how far fetched it may seem to some of you, I keep an open mind!

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive seen two or three episodes and thought it was interesting...I would rather watch it than most of the shows on T.V.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well, if you gave me a choice of Boom Baby, The coded language jumpers, or Unearthed, I would choose Unearthed.
He presents the facts on some popular theories as he finds them. He doesn't really bias the facts and even finds some to be not true facts.
I like the show and have seen most of them. He takes a professional approach to some offbeat theories. In the end of most shows, he has presented the facts and the decision is yours. AS far as the Masons, I wish some of the original founders were still around to steer the ship. The remainder of the Knights Templar did vanish after the french purge, and there vast shipping fleet vanished with them, so there are many possibilities as to where they went. We know the 'Vikings' touched down on North America, but to what extent, only time might tell. Just my views, Frank...

Eagle desending.jpg

OP
OP
PatrickD

PatrickD

Jul 23, 2012
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was one episode where hunters found an underground cave with a spring in the back and worked stonework all around. When he went to film it, the land owners wouldn't let him on the property. They let the hunters back on but not Mr. Wolter.

I like the show. I think his evidence is presented to fit a site rather than the other way around. Some of the conclusions are a major leap of faith. (Kind of like jumping off a cliff and hoping you sweat enough liquid to catch you before hitting bottom.) I catch flaws in the research that invalidates the information. I also think his obsession with just one symbol (hooked X) is akin to Captain Ahab chasing his white whale. As long as the obsession is based in emotions, it can't be fully trusted as emotion opinion will jade the finding in an attempt to bend the result to fit the mystery.

Still, I like watching it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There was one episode where hunters found an underground cave with a spring in the back and worked stonework all around. When he went to film it, the land owners wouldn't let him on the property. They let the hunters back on but not Mr. Wolter.

I actually saw that episode a few weeks ago and it made me laugh. He made a model of the cave based on pictures, then "proved" his celestial alignment theory by having someone move a flashlight around! That's the biggest joke I have ever seen.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does anyone remember the episode about clay tablets? He took them to a university to have them scanned and put through optical character recognition software to try to identify their origins and language. I need to find such software for my own use, or a company or university that has access to it. Let me know if you do.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread