Do You Carry A Good Luck Piece

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We enjoy our times when on the gold claims or detecting. It's like a time out, away from any and all outside influences. Tucked away in the back pack is a little figure that is always with me for each outing.
All in good humour, all in fun and all natural stone to earth good luck.
Also Nugget a lab-collie cross that just has to and does come along on each and every adventure.

Do you have a good luck or mascot item that you take along on your treasure adventure? Would like to see your picture and hear your story...

Mine is a carved granite stone figure with open arms ( salvaged )....

It's name is: ATARAXIA ( Greek Origin )

( at•a•rax•i•a ) - calm, peaceful, quiet. A state of tranquility.

Ataraxia 1.JPG Ataraxia & Nugget Text.jpg

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes my Ace250 and Bounty hunter pin pointer. I have excellent luck carrying these. :laughing9:

GPS53

May 17, 2009
Mercer county, Pa
Detector(s) used
Whites, XLT & V3i, TRX Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kinda in a way, over 20 years ago I was driving down a back road and seen something on the road, backed up and it was a beanie dog some kid must have lost out the window. That dog has rode shotgun in every vehicle I have owned since

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[h=2]"Do You Carry A Good Luck Piece?"[/h]Yes, my machine. I've never had much luck without it.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sometimes, and the story may seem a bit strange. Many years ago I had planned a hunt at a new location with a new partner I had only talked with on the phone and online. The night before the hunt I had a dream of searching for money and I found a silver dime. Upon closer inspection I saw it wasn't a dime, something coin shaped and silver. The dream was very vivid when I woke up (still remember it today!)

So the day of the hunt I get a good signal and dig what I think was a silver dime. As I cleaned the dirt I saw it wasn't a dime, and I realized it from my dream. It was a silver saint Teresa medal. It was just such a strange circumstance that it seemed like it was important for me for a reason I didn't know. It has resided in one of my detectors ever sense. I even thought it disappeared a couple times but it always turned up again.

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a little goody today...Maybe I should bring her along on my hunts from now on...couldn't hurt huh?
DSCN1390.JPG DSCN1391.JPG

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last year I found an old RC medal of St. Anthony of Padua. Didn't really check up on who this Saint was but just recently I Googled him and as it turns out he is the Saint of finding lost things! They say to petition him to help you find something lost, you would say, "St. Anthony St. Anthony please come down, something is lost and must be found! So from now on, I'm going to take this little medal on my hunts and recite that little quote. Perhaps I'm being superstitious, but it is worth a try to see if if brings me luck! It may have been found for a reason.... HHing!

OP
OP
Cariboo5

Cariboo5

Oct 27, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last year I found an old RC medal of St. Anthony of Padua. Didn't really check up on who this Saint was but just recently I Googled him and as it turns out he is the Saint of finding lost things! They say to petition him to help you find something lost, you would say, "St. Anthony St. Anthony please come down, something is lost and must be found! So from now on, I'm going to take this little medal on my hunts and recite that little quote. Perhaps I'm being superstitious, but it is worth a try to see if if brings me luck! It may have been found for a reason.... HHing!

Agreed....Seems there is a reason for things and you have nothing to lose and all the fun using it on your hunts.... Luck to you....

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roxy
She has not mastered setting up a sluice, but when I'm out alone.......Great companion!
roxy badass (400x300).jpg
And a bit of luck

Beeps in my sleep

Sep 6, 2013
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Whites 6000, Fisher F2, Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always travel with my good luck piece. Here it is :) I keep it in a coin holder in a felt bag that a ring came in. I never leave home without it.

CAM_0415.JPG

Last edited:

OldJerseyGirl

Jun 28, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
White's MXT pro Excaliburll AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh CoilyGirl, I wish we were closer. I am afraid to go to a lot of places here alone. I need a partner like you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only good luck charm I have so far is my detector and a positive mental attitude. That could change.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread