Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.......recently there was a contest on a forum asking if you remembered your first time out detecting. Tried as I might I couldn't recall that day but it did bring back a few memories and a smile to my face.

I see that Stevie O (Arizona) shared a few of his memorable moments of the hobby with us and the response was overwhelmingly positive. This leds one to believe that this hobby is one that not only embellishes life long friendships instilling one with intestinal fortitude, a sense of accomplishment but a way to purge one's soul while maintaining that small child in all of us. To see a grown man (or woman) kneeling down diligently digging a hole in the earth envisioning a find of a great lost treasure and being happy with a penny epitomizes the spirit of the hobby.

Along the way we have all encountered adversity , despair and moment of fleeting joy and have continued on; what to an outsider would be comparable to King Arthur's Knights quest for the Holy Grail. Here too the common threads are evident in the bonding, devotion and endless pursuit of the quest.

Let not politics, religion, personnal petty differences nor even inclimate weather deter us from this unique hobby where the greatest treasures of all are....... a friend, a laugh and finding one's self.

bofusmosby

Apr 28, 2011
Tampa Florida
Detector(s) used
Many many different ones
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been hunting (detecting) for almost 44 years. I have found gold coins, military artifacts, jewelry, a lot of silver, and many many other items over the years. Without a doubt, the most valuable treasure I have ever found has been friendship! I value this above all else! I have found some friends when I first started in this hobby, and to this day, they are still good friends of mine. You can NOT put a price on friends, they are priceless!

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You hit the nail on the head with this one, Leslie! :thumbsup:

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're So right! Awesome post!

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree 100%.Thanks for posting this.

Tired Rooster

Nov 6, 2011
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Minelabs and Tesoros
Several of them....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very well put. Differences we may have.....yet kindred spirits in this one pursuit. And yes, it helps to maintain that small child in all of us I think. Very good.

choppadude

Dec 23, 2012
Twin Tiers NY
Detector(s) used
XP Deus X2, CTX 3030, E Trac, T2, AT Pro, AKA Sorex, Makro Kruzer, Minelab GP3500, Nokta Impact
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great post. Brought back some good memories for me
My first find was in 1982. A friend loaned me his Garrett BFO unit and I found a V nickel along the sidewalk in front of the apt. I lived in. Little was I to know that we would spend a couple decades detecting together.
We lost my friend this year after one hell of a battle against brain cancer. He is gone now but we had some great times and great finds! Something I will always treasure.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
To the Administrator:

This post of Leslie's ranks as one of the top five I've read in my ten years on Treasure Net; and, at this moment, I can't think of the other four.

If there is an opportunity to give this post an Honorable Mention, sign me up.

Don MacKay

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well put Leslie!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Bravo Leslie :award_star_gold_2:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats it but I could never express it as you did. Thank you.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread