🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Overheard in a diner this morning, guy got his 500 gallon tank filled the other day, went out of town for the weekend and came home to find somebody had stolen his tank..that's a lot of weight to haul off.
Its kinda off topic, but could save somebody else trouble.

Mike

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You may be talking about a "closed loop" system. I went with an open loop, discharged water runs out through buried pvc pipe to my pond. My entire cost was about 30% more than a conventional furnace. Paid for itself long ago.

I have a friend that did that,, works well for him.

However, Mine is a closed loop system.

I have 4- 150 ft ditches with tubing arranged like a layed down slinky, 10 ft deep. It circulates as needed. Works great for us.

The problem with an open system is the amount of water your well will produce, Ours was insufficient.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope the farmers are not the problem, it is the exports, 400,000 barrels per day, and what is it 55 gallons per barrel ?
That's 22,000,000..yep 22 million gallons per day of OUR resources being exported for others benefits..sorta since propane and Nat gas is worth roughly 10 times over seas versus what they can sell it for here..make sure you read that part..there is NO shortage, that's typical of big energy to tell their distributors to tell customers that it is the farmers fault.

As for farming, in a ideal world a farmer could wait till prices were higher to sell, most cannot, waiting would bankrupt most, as it stands today, you need a minimum of 800-1000 acres of crop producing land to support a family of four.
I could go into great detail about it since almost everybody I know are farmers, trust me they are not the problem..the mighty dollar and the quest for as many as they can get ( big energy ) is the problem, history alone proves that.

Have a great day, and yes I will call my senator on behalf of all you propane users, and talk his ear off.

Mike

The state propane association said the local shortage is in part due to the large corn harvest in the fall.
"Ordinarily, the harvest progresses in stages through the region but in late 2013, the harvests happened at the same time over a wide area," according to OPGA. "This was a large, wet crop which required massive amounts of propane in order to be dried prior to storage."
- See more at: Large corn harvest played part in propane shortage | www.whio.com

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Well take it from a farmer, whoever wrote that article IS an idiot!
Its the exports..stop the exports for just 10 little days and you have enough surplus for all residential use for a long time.
Ok good now stop stalking me from post to post, if you want to argue, come up with some thoughts of your own versus cut and paste..

Mike

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Our company gives us the option in June to sign a contract on the June price for the whole rest of the year. If the price goes up (or down) you pay the same all year regardless. Wifey signed at 2.35 per gallon this past June, and the going rate now is approx 5.00. Wifey gets a prize!

(...What kind of prize? I don't know, hard to pick a prize for a woman who get everything she wants anyway :icon_scratch:).

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its the exports..stop the exports for just 10 little days and you have enough surplus for all residential use for a long time.
Ok good now stop stalking me from post to post, if you want to argue, come up with some thoughts of your own versus cut and paste..

Mike

Tsk Tsk Mike. Control your temper, One could easily say Do reseach and base your opinions on that research, because Your own thoughts may be restricting the truth.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Mike

Now Now Mik If he wrote a article about how the earth is going to become a cinder because of MMGW he wouldn't be a idiot? I know guys lie to protect the big money.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What temper dave ?
Guy pasted that to 2 posts of mine, if I wanted to respond the first time I would have, I didn't, my choice.
I'm not a fish.

Mike

And you know that the driers contributed to the spike, I hope. He posts it because you seem to have a blind spot Mike.

In reality all energy products have to go up,, and any excuse will be used. You're biting on the diatribe about evil oil companies, and you spread it without a thought or care to any other explanations to boot. You may not be a fish,, but you may be growing gills.

I am sure there are many explanations, but you only want the one that fits your mindset.

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
60.00$ today for a tank for the barbeque God I hate those corn farmers:laughing7: nic nic boe bic .......mik

Joe hunter

Bronze Member
Mar 2, 2013
Up state NY
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus ,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in a municipality near some hydro dams I heat/cool with electric and it's very reasonably priced

JunkShopFiddler

Bronze Member
Feb 15, 2013
SW Indiana
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTP 1350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I live in a municipality near some hydro dams I heat/cool with electric and it's very reasonably priced

Well, hoydy toydy for you. Actually, I'm envious and very happy for you! Just haven't had the opportunity to use the phrase "hoydy toydy" for a while, got that from my parents, now all I need is an excuse to be "gob-smacked".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread