Welcome guest, is this your first visit?
Discoveries

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Thread: OPINIONS ON CARVINGS: ANCIENT - SPANISH - OR ???

« Prev Thread | Next Thread »
    us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    5382 times
    All Types Of Treasure Hunting
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Dave44 I did not see that program but I guess they were talkin about Ogam writing, which has a stem line and hash marks. For the most part, I believe that's mostly tool sharpening marks. However, I have seen an example in Picture Canyon here in Colorado that is something else. I have looked over a lot of Indian petroglyphs and pictographs here in Colorado and Utah and the ones in Picture Canyon stand out as different. Google up the 'Granby Idol' which was found north of where I live and figure that one out. Being from Oklahoma, I am familiar with the work of Gloria Farley. I have seen the Heavener Runestone. It's not Indian and does appear to be very old. Supposedly Viking, but some controversy about it. There is a story that the Choctaw saw it when they first came to the country around 1830 and had no idea who made it. It's not that far-fetched an idea that explorers came here before Columbus and I keep an open mind.
    Crosse De Sign and Frankn like this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

Feb 2014
    Rochester Hills, Michigan
    Whites MXT Pro, Eclipse 9.5 concentric, Eclipse DD 6x10, Bullseye TRX pinpointer, Lesche digger
    54 times
    I read a story a long time ago about white settlers hearing about Indian legends of a race of white skinned, red-headed cannibalistic people that the Indians eventually destroyed. These white cannibals lived in caves, and the Indians had a hard time with them. Anyone hear about something like that?
    Crosse De Sign likes this.

Charter Member
    us
    Brad - Wolfpack Proud

Jun 2013
    Middle TN. area
    White XLT Spectrum E-Series
    5907 times
    Metal Detecting
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosse De Sign View Post
    :coffee2::coffee2:8-) Hi, Limitool: Coffee?... Etched mud mounds...? Cool!...

Thank You Kindly for the best wishes... Wish you the same, it has been fun!...
    Good Luck, Be Safe... Thanks, ~: CDS :~ :thumbsup:
    FYI: Not trying to hijack thread but here's a sample. Looks like Runes to me. And the large wavy figure and the small one on its bottom left...?????
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Apr 2012
    171 times
    Largest cave in the world to date, Vietnam......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05prod-yourshot-935.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	971461

is
    Jun 2013
    ~:The Ancient Spirit Lands:~ Of Our Noble Brave And True ~: Great Ancestral Fathers :~
    4217 times
    All Redeemable Treasures
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole # 7 View Post
    I read a story a long time ago about white settlers hearing about Indian legends of a race of white skinned, red-headed cannibalistic people that the Indians eventually destroyed. These white cannibals lived in caves, and the Indians had a hard time with them. Anyone hear about something like that?
    Hi, Ole # 7: OK, know where they were supposedly living?... Heard of giants ( maybe up to 12" tall), seen some archaeological evidence of this, elongated skulls, petrified...

Nationally known (back in 60's) THer Dayne Chastain, said they saw evidence of them, 8-12' skeletons stacked in a cave like cord wood, possibly...

Have studied archaeological evidence, and heard theories of giants being offspring of the fallen ones (evil angels), mingling with man? Referred to as "The Geeber", in the Old Testament... Rock Complexes having been found in Texas, and South America... Thanks, ~: CDS :~
    Last edited by Crosse De Sign; Apr 03, 2014 at 02:12 PM.
    ~ Psalm 23:4,6 ~ Yea, Though I Walk Through The Valley Of The Shadow Of Death,
    I Will Fear No Evil: For THOU Art With Me; THY Rod And THY Staff They Comfort
    Me. ...Surely Goodness And Mercy Shall Follow Me All The Days Of My Life:
    And I Will Dwell In The House Of The LORD Forever... King David ~

is
    Jun 2013
    ~:The Ancient Spirit Lands:~ Of Our Noble Brave And True ~: Great Ancestral Fathers :~
    4217 times
    All Redeemable Treasures
    Quote Originally Posted by RGINN View Post
    Dave44 I did not see that program but I guess they were talkin about Ogam writing, which has a stem line and hash marks. For the most part, I believe that's mostly tool sharpening marks. However, I have seen an example in Picture Canyon here in Colorado that is something else. I have looked over a lot of Indian petroglyphs and pictographs here in Colorado and Utah and the ones in Picture Canyon stand out as different. Google up the 'Granby Idol' which was found north of where I live and figure that one out. Being from Oklahoma, I am familiar with the work of Gloria Farley. I have seen the Heavener Runestone. It's not Indian and does appear to be very old. Supposedly Viking, but some controversy about it. There is a story that the Choctaw saw it when they first came to the country around 1830 and had no idea who made it. It's not that far-fetched an idea that explorers came here before Columbus and I keep an open mind.
    Hi, RGINN: Are you Choctaw, I am part, Cherokee and Choctaw... The Rhunestones, I haven't been and seen any of them in person, there's the 2 (?) others known...

Shawnee (a little one found on the Canadian River), and I think maybe a little a bigger one at Alva, or Altus?... The biggest one at Heavener, truck size?

I remember reading about a Turkish Helmet being found while digging an 8' or so deep water or sewer ditch S/W near Lawton, maybe in the 70's or 80's? Thanks, ~: CDS :~
    Last edited by Crosse De Sign; Apr 03, 2014 at 02:07 PM.

us
    Oct 2007
    Summit County, CO
    White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
    5382 times
    Honorable Mentions (1)
    Hey, Crosse De Sign. My mom's side of the family is out of the Cherokee Nation and my dad's from the Choctaw Nation. I do not affiliate with either one. Gloria Farley has a book 'In Plain Sight' that tells about the runestones found in Oklahoma, and other alleged evidence of pre-Colombian explorers. Pretty good book. Barry Fell has some books out, but honestly he's a little out there for me. Here's a pic I took of an example of what has been called Ogham writing in Picture Canyon, CO.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pc-1.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	79.6 KB 
ID:	971895
    Crosse De Sign and Dave44 like this.
    Just like Texas in 1880.

is
    Jun 2013
    4217 times
    All Redeemable Treasures
    Hi, RGINN: Do you know when the Ogham writings are thought to have been done? Where were they supposedly from? Thanks, ~: CDS :~
    Last edited by Crosse De Sign; Apr 05, 2014 at 08:39 AM.

Apr 2012
    171 times
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a1-Shrek-blog-3-cartoonstock-com.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	118.7 KB 
ID:	972753

is
    Jun 2013
    4217 times
    All Redeemable Treasures
    Quote Originally Posted by empty_pockets View Post
    Largest cave in the world to date, Vietnam......Click image for larger version. 

Name:	05prod-yourshot-935.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	77.5 KB 
ID:	971461
    Hi, empty_pockets: Big and Cool looking cave!
    What else do you know about it? Thanks...

us
    Sep 2012
    Nebraska City, Nebraska
    2392 times
    K.G.C. Cache
    Quote Originally Posted by Crosse De Sign View Post
    Hi, Ole # 7: OK, know where they were supposedly living?... Heard of giants ( maybe up to 12" tall), seen some archaeological evidence of this, elongated skulls, petrified...

Nationally known (back in 60's) THer Dayne Chastain, said they saw evidence of them, 8-12' skeletons stacked in a cave like cord wood, possibly...

Have studied archaeological evidence, and heard theories of giants being offspring of the fallen ones (evil angels), mingling with man? Referred to as "The Geeber", in the Old Testament... Rock Complexes having been found in Texas, and South America... Thanks, ~: CDS :~
    Ran across this while looking for the cave carving you wanted me to look at Sir. I have lightly studied the history of such things in this area too. https://thenephilimchronicles.blogsp...overed-in.html

L.C.

P.S. Can you send me a link to the symbolism please and I would be happy to take a look at it. I am no expert as you well know, but I am driven to learn more.
    "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." ----- Galileo Galilei

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ones-That-.../dp/1499593694

is
    Jun 2013
    4217 times
    All Redeemable Treasures
    Quote Originally Posted by L.C. BAKER View Post
    Ran across this while looking for the cave carving you wanted me to look at Sir. I have lightly studied the history of such things in this area too. https://thenephilimchronicles.blogsp...overed-in.html

L.C.

P.S. Can you send me a link to the symbolism please and I would be happy to take a look at it. I am no expert as you well know, but I am driven to learn more.
    L.C. You had looked at 1 cave carving, & made perfect sense. I'll post here the pic of one mark I was
    speaking of, & another cave carving that I've posted with no response, & always wondered about.
    I'll appreciate your thoughts, & thank you for your time in advance. Have a good one Sir.
    Also, very interesting link too. Didn't see your post, been busy offline a couple of days.
    I do recall you saying about one of the pics I posted, I may have a family of owls, lol.
    Last edited by Crosse De Sign; Jan 24, 2018 at 09:34 PM.
    L.C. BAKER likes this.

us
    Sep 2012
    Nebraska City, Nebraska
    2392 times
    K.G.C. Cache
    I would say that stone was cut with metal but I can not see the symbol you drew in the rock. Is it near the opening? Do you suspect a 1/5 sign? The drawing to me looks like structure or a burial perhaps. That is not even 2 cents worth, but it is what I think.

L.C.

Name:	crosse rocks 2.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	184.6 KB 
ID:	1541027
    "All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them." ----- Galileo Galilei

http://www.amazon.com/The-Ones-That-.../dp/1499593694

Mar 2007
    Salinas, CA
    Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
    7842 times
    Banner Finds (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by L.C. BAKER View Post
    Gentlemen, this link is an attempt to tie (supposedly) found skeletons, of guys that were unusually tall, to religious implications. Nothing wrong with that. But what does this have to do with scratches and squiggles on walls of caves ? Me thinks you're reading too much into randomly occurring marks, scratches, lines, etc...

Eg.: if you lie on your back, and stare at the clouds long enough, you will eventually make out a bunny, a smile face, a big dipper, etc... All just random coincidence. Or if a mark or design WAS man-made, ok, so ? Mankind has left graffiti wherever he's lived, for 1000's of years. Doesn't necessarily mean "treasure" or "grave", etc....
    pepperj likes this.
    Metal detecting is my one worldy vice!

ca
    Feb 2009
    Deus, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
    11094 times
    Relic Hunting
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View Post
    Gentlemen, this link is an attempt to tie (supposedly) found skeletons, of guys that were unusually tall, to religious implications. Nothing wrong with that. But what does this have to do with scratches and squiggles on walls of caves ? Me thinks you're reading too much into randomly occurring marks, scratches, lines, etc...

Eg.: if you lie on your back, and stare at the clouds long enough, you will eventually make out a bunny, a smile face, a big dipper, etc... All just random coincidence. Or if a mark or design WAS man-made, ok, so ? Mankind has left graffiti wherever he's lived, for 1000's of years. Doesn't necessarily mean "treasure" or "grave", etc....
    Many can see natural occurring images of something representing something else. As clouds, rocks, wood there is many examples of this very thing.
    Years ago I uncovered this and took a photo as looked like early cave drawings of a kangaroo or some other creature looking at another animal.

Name:	20180125_082953.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	4.96 MB 
ID:	1541072

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Home | Forum | Active Topics | What's New

Sponsored Links