OPINIONS ON CARVINGS: ANCIENT - SPANISH - OR ???

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Dave44 I did not see that program but I guess they were talkin about Ogam writing, which has a stem line and hash marks. For the most part, I believe that's mostly tool sharpening marks. However, I have seen an example in Picture Canyon here in Colorado that is something else. I have looked over a lot of Indian petroglyphs and pictographs here in Colorado and Utah and the ones in Picture Canyon stand out as different. Google up the 'Granby Idol' which was found north of where I live and figure that one out. Being from Oklahoma, I am familiar with the work of Gloria Farley. I have seen the Heavener Runestone. It's not Indian and does appear to be very old. Supposedly Viking, but some controversy about it. There is a story that the Choctaw saw it when they first came to the country around 1830 and had no idea who made it. It's not that far-fetched an idea that explorers came here before Columbus and I keep an open mind.
:coffee2::coffee2:8-) Hi, RGINN: Are you Choctaw, I am part, Cherokee and Choctaw... The Rhunestones, I haven't been and seen any of them in person, there's the 2 (?) others known...

Shawnee (a little one found on the Canadian River), and I think maybe a little a bigger one at Alva, or Altus?... The biggest one at Heavener, truck size?

I remember reading about a Turkish Helmet being found while digging an 8' or so deep water or sewer ditch S/W near Lawton, maybe in the 70's or 80's? Thanks, ~: CDS :~

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, Crosse De Sign. My mom's side of the family is out of the Cherokee Nation and my dad's from the Choctaw Nation. I do not affiliate with either one. Gloria Farley has a book 'In Plain Sight' that tells about the runestones found in Oklahoma, and other alleged evidence of pre-Colombian explorers. Pretty good book. Barry Fell has some books out, but honestly he's a little out there for me. Here's a pic I took of an example of what has been called Ogham writing in Picture Canyon, CO. pc-1.jpg

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
:coffee2:8-) Hi, Ole # 7: OK, know where they were supposedly living?... Heard of giants ( maybe up to 12" tall), seen some archaeological evidence of this, elongated skulls, petrified...

Nationally known (back in 60's) THer Dayne Chastain, said they saw evidence of them, 8-12' skeletons stacked in a cave like cord wood, possibly...

Have studied archaeological evidence, and heard theories of giants being offspring of the fallen ones (evil angels), mingling with man? Referred to as "The Geeber", in the Old Testament... Rock Complexes having been found in Texas, and South America... Thanks, ~: CDS :~

Ran across this while looking for the cave carving you wanted me to look at Sir. I have lightly studied the history of such things in this area too. https://thenephilimchronicles.blogspot.com/2013/08/8-foot-giant-sioux-indian-discovered-in.html

L.C.

P.S. Can you send me a link to the symbolism please and I would be happy to take a look at it. I am no expert as you well know, but I am driven to learn more. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Ran across this while looking for the cave carving you wanted me to look at Sir. I have lightly studied the history of such things in this area too. https://thenephilimchronicles.blogspot.com/2013/08/8-foot-giant-sioux-indian-discovered-in.html

L.C.

P.S. Can you send me a link to the symbolism please and I would be happy to take a look at it. I am no expert as you well know, but I am driven to learn more. :icon_thumright:

L.C. You had looked at 1 cave carving, & made perfect sense. I'll post here the pic of one mark I was
speaking of, & another cave carving that I've posted with no response, & always wondered about.
I'll appreciate your thoughts, & thank you for your time in advance. Have a good one Sir.
Also, very interesting link too. Didn't see your post, been busy offline a couple of days.
I do recall you saying about one of the pics I posted, I may have a family of owls, lol.

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say that stone was cut with metal but I can not see the symbol you drew in the rock. Is it near the opening? Do you suspect a 1/5 sign? The drawing to me looks like structure or a burial perhaps. That is not even 2 cents worth, but it is what I think.

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

crosse rocks 2.jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

Gentlemen, this link is an attempt to tie (supposedly) found skeletons, of guys that were unusually tall, to religious implications. Nothing wrong with that. But what does this have to do with scratches and squiggles on walls of caves ? Me thinks you're reading too much into randomly occurring marks, scratches, lines, etc...

Eg.: if you lie on your back, and stare at the clouds long enough, you will eventually make out a bunny, a smile face, a big dipper, etc... All just random coincidence. Or if a mark or design WAS man-made, ok, so ? Mankind has left graffiti wherever he's lived, for 1000's of years. Doesn't necessarily mean "treasure" or "grave", etc....

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Gentlemen, this link is an attempt to tie (supposedly) found skeletons, of guys that were unusually tall, to religious implications. Nothing wrong with that. But what does this have to do with scratches and squiggles on walls of caves ? Me thinks you're reading too much into randomly occurring marks, scratches, lines, etc...

Eg.: if you lie on your back, and stare at the clouds long enough, you will eventually make out a bunny, a smile face, a big dipper, etc... All just random coincidence. Or if a mark or design WAS man-made, ok, so ? Mankind has left graffiti wherever he's lived, for 1000's of years. Doesn't necessarily mean "treasure" or "grave", etc....

Many can see natural occurring images of something representing something else. As clouds, rocks, wood there is many examples of this very thing.
Years ago I uncovered this and took a photo as looked like early cave drawings of a kangaroo or some other creature looking at another animal.

20180125_082953.jpg

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.....Years ago I uncovered this and took a photo as looked like early cave drawings of a kangaroo...

Well you know what that means don't you pepperj ? TREASURE ! Get your shovel and start digging. If you don't find it at 10 ft , that doesn't mean it's not there. It merely means it must be at 20 ft. And if you don't find it at 20 ft, that doesn't mean it's not there. It merely means it must be at 30 ft. (and on the way down, you're sure to find "funny stones" which are SURE to be markers).

If you don't find it at 30 ft, that doesn't mean it's not there. It merely mean you need to go to 40 ft. Or a little to the right. Or a little to the left. And so on till infinity. But at no point is the treasure not most certainly there. Ok, get busy !

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
I would say that stone was cut with metal but I can not see the symbol you drew in the rock. Is it near the opening? Do you suspect a 1/5 sign? The drawing to me looks like structure or a burial perhaps. That is not even 2 cents worth, but it is what I think.

L.C.:icon_thumleft:

View attachment 1541027

L.C.,
I was thinking the cross mark may have been made with what appears to be a piece of an old glass whiskey bottle,
since I found a piece that was broken into sort of a diamond or V shape at one end, & pointed at the other, & smoothed
from apparent abrasive use on the sandrock wall. I found it under several inches of leaves & dirt, just under the sign
you focused on. I think it was dropped there after it was used, & it was the only piece of glass found there.

The part I was really asking about is the shadow part lower & back from the cross. Seems to be intentionally made, like a backwards F, or an F with a J incorporated into it, or a sword with a bent back handle. To the right is maybe a quarter moon, & below that, there are shadows making a MY. In the middle of all of the shadow signs, is a very small pair of initials carved to be in shadow also.
I'll see if I can get a better pic at a different angle on this particular area.

As far as the rectangular shaped mark, with a line in the middle, & a curved line from the right end down, it is on a boulder,
& I may try to get a better pic of it, which would be better than the drawing. I read something about similar kinds of marks
that was interesting.

I don't know what a 1/5 sign is, can you explain? Thanks for looking, I appreciate it!

Last edited:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
.... the shadow part lower & back from the cross. Seems to be intentionally made, like a backwards F, or an F with a J incorporated into it, or a sword with a bent back handle....

Which can only mean one thing: TREASURE ! Start digging :)

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

That was me coming across a post about giants and linking a thread to some giants that were found in my area. Nothing more on my part. I have no time to stare at clouds Sir, there is a treasure cache to be found.

L.C.:thumbsup:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
!/5 was the King of Spain's cut and they used to mark symbols near the opening of mine shafts to remind people that the mine belonged to them. A warning of sorts.

L.C.

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other

BTW some of those big guys got buried, perhaps with some goodies... ??? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:
Gotta get past the ancient witchcraft (spirits) first, you probably know about it.

Last edited:

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
From this angle, it just looks like a rectangular shaped box
with a line curving below, no line in the middle, I don't think
it's of Spanish design, I think they used other carved marks.

Ever seen anything like this L.C.?
:
.. View attachment 1541234

No I have not until now, and it is intriguing. Is it cut with the glass as well or is that a shadow on the rock? As far as an example of the 1/5 it would be a crude Spanish cross or shield or initials of the King etc, kind of like like the symbols stamped on the gold and silver bars that were smelted here and then shipped back to Spain.

L.C.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread