OPINIONS ON CARVINGS: ANCIENT - SPANISH - OR ???

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
Yup. Lots of pics out there. Just like the pix you and I just posted :)

Yup. I'm part of the conspiracy. To keep people from searching for &/or recovering the treasure rooms. Eh?

How about because it's the nature of forum pro/con discussions. Someone (as is their right) comes on with a treasure/md'ing "pro" discussion. And is thus open to "con" (ie.: more plausible explanations) discussion. Eh ?

I'm no pro or con, but I do share info. You share your finds & criticism, so reckon you got that pro con
right.

Last edited:

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Might want 'ta ask what X stash it is making 'ya eat all that popcorn. :laughing7::laughing9::laughing7:

The same stash
that
makes some poster's
hit their
return key incessantly and
makes
their little purple smiley
faces
jump up and down, maybe? :dontknow:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Sentinels, hacks & hucksters now on ignore, sorry...

huck·ster
ˈhəkstər]
  • a person who sells small items, either door-to-door or from a stall or small store.
    synonyms:trader, dealer, seller, purveyor, vendor, salesman, salesperson, peddler, hawker;informalpusher
    "the hucksters along the boardwalk"

Damn Right, we're with you on that one!

OP
OP
Crosse De Sign

Crosse De Sign

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2013
~: Ancient Sacred Spirit Lands Of Our Fathers' :~
Detector(s) used
White's MXT ~ TM800 ~
Primary Interest:
Other
verb \ ˈhak \

SEE ALL
Examples: hack in a Sentence

Definition of hack
transitive verb
1 a : to cut or sever with repeated irregular or unskillful blows
b : to cut or shape by or as if by crude or ruthless strokes hacking out new election districts
c : annoy, vex —often used with off He gets really hacked off when people cheat.
2 : to clear or make by or as if by cutting away vegetation hacked his way through the brush
3 a informal : to manage successfully just couldn't hack the new job
b informal : tolerate I can't hack all this noise
4 : to gain illegal access to (a computer network, system, etc.)
In the last decade they have hacked computer networks in Estonia, Ukraine, Poland, Germany, France, and Bulgaria—often stealing data.—The New York Times
… perhaps I would have become one of those lost souls wandering the basement of MIT playing with computers and hacking the telephone network. —Lee Smolin
intransitive verb
1 a : to make chopping strokes or blows hacked at the weeds; also : to make cuts as if by chopping hacking away at the work force
b : to play inexpert golf
2 : to cough in a short dry manner
3 : loaf —usually used with around
hacking around at the corner drugstore —Ruth McKenney
4 a : to write computer programs for enjoyment
b : to gain access to a computer illegally trying to hack into the network
— hack it
1 : cope 2b I can't hack it any longer.
2 : to be successful couldn't hack it in the world of professional sports
NEW! Time Traveler
First Known Use: 13th centur

Like Grandpa always said: dern... :laughing7::laughing9::laughing7::laughing9::laughing7::laughing9::laughing7:

Now I say dern hacksters...

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well Tom_in_CA I guess you were on the list.

quote_icon.png
[FONT=&quot] Originally Posted by [/FONT]Crosse De Sign[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Sentinels, hacks & hucksters now on ignore, sorry...

[/FONT]

I shall play you a short farewell tune in memory.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
2: Don't paint symbols on rocks
3: Don't pile rocks up on top of buried X

Exactly. You go to great lengths to hide something. But then ....... sure, .. you pepper the landscape with cryptrogram clues and squiggles on rocks, to mark "treasure clues" to the very thing you JUST KNOCKED YOURSELF SILLY to.... drum roll .... hide. Makes perfect sense. Why not mark the place with all sorts of clues to enable someone else to come along and find it ? Of course.

And then naturally: The bigger the treasure, the deeper it is. No one ever asks themselves: Wait a minute: What difference does 2 ft. vs 20 ft. vs 200 ft. make. If the top is covered over , stomped, and fluffed up, then adding more depth does not in any way hide it "more". But of necessity: As these yarns go: the bigger the treasure, the deeper it must be. Eh ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Ditlihi

Banned
Aug 20, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exactly. You go to great lengths to hide something. But then ....... sure, .. you pepper the landscape with cryptrogram clues and squiggles on rocks, to mark "treasure clues" to the very thing you JUST KNOCKED YOURSELF SILLY to.... drum roll .... hide. Makes perfect sense. Why not mark the place with all sorts of clues to enable someone else to come along and find it ? Of course.

And then naturally: The bigger the treasure, the deeper it is. No one ever asks themselves: Wait a minute: What difference does 2 ft. vs 20 ft. vs 200 ft. make. If the top is covered over , stomped, and fluffed up, then adding more depth does not in any way hide it "more". But of necessity: As these yarns go: the bigger the treasure, the deeper it must be. Eh ?

tumblr_inline_mrz75tSfq11qhqb9q.gif

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Wow Sheldon er ah Tom you sound like you're describing a road map with out the paper. Are you saying all my topo maps with "squiggles" etc. and my directions scribbled on scraps of paper are bunk? Then I guess I better trash them instead of passing them on to the grandkids because they don't fit Toms rules or thinking.

What happened Sheldon? Get bored hassling the dowsers?

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
... Are you saying all my topo maps with "squiggles"......

Boogeyman, do you see a difference between topo maps and this ? We're talking about those who think they see an "x" (or a smiley face, or an arrow, or a squiggle, etc...) on rocks, mountains, trees, etc.. And think they are certain treasure marker symbols. Failing to realize that if you stare at the landscape (or clouds, etc...) long enough, sure: You'll make out random designs (circles, lines, squiggles, etc...). All of which are random (or graffiti meaning nothing), that has nothing to do with treasure.

So I do not know how topo. maps relates to this.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Gone Dowsing... Around 'ol Spanish Jesuit Turtle Owl Heart Markers...

Ah yes, all bets are off now. If the welding rods pointed that way, and if you saw a 'turtle' mark-looking thing, then ... of course: Treasure. :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread